Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   live 3/6 - flaccid AK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365952)

donger 10-26-2005 02:50 PM

live 3/6 - flaccid AK

Hey all.
This hand took place in a live 3/6 game in La Center, WA. Afterward, the table captain/retard sitting to my right chastised me for the way I had played it.

Preflop: I am UTG with AKo, I raise, white-trasher to my left three bets, and an asian kid with a stupid haircut cold-caps. I call and trasher calls, we take the flop 3 handed.

Flop: AQ5r.. I ck, WTer cks, haircut bets, I CR, trasher folds and haircut insta-3bets. I call

Turn: A - I check-call

River: 2 - I check.

Good/Bad? I really wasn't sure about the way I played this hand, so I'd like some input.

jba 10-26-2005 02:55 PM

Re: live 3/6 - flaccid AK

a non hair related read would be nice.

I like a river bet/call.

including the bit about being chastised is a dead giveway of the results btw.

econ_tim 10-26-2005 02:56 PM

I really want a read on haircut.

What hands does he cap preflop. What are his flop 3-betting standards?

Absent a read, I think you did OK, although I might bet/call the river.

10-26-2005 02:59 PM

I check-raise the turn again since the only hand you are behind now is QQ or AQ and I doubt he caps AQ. Then again I don't know what hand he 3 bets you with on the flop unless he's being retarded with KK. Or the deck has 5 Aces.

If you can fold to a 3 bet after a check raise on the turn then check raise the turn. Otherwise bet-call the river. I would throw a tantrum if the river got checked through.

GetThere1Time 10-26-2005 03:02 PM

I don't think you're giving up too much here by playing it this way. PF capper is gonna bet and its a big pot so chasing away any gutshots isnt bad. After the flop gets 3-bet, slowing down is good. It's hard to give the asain kid a hand range that you're destroying. 3 combos of QQ, 6 of AK, 3 of AQ vs god knows what else he'd play this way.

That being said all asians are LAGs and I'd cap every street.

TStoneMBD 10-26-2005 03:05 PM

you played it perfectly assuming the guy isnt a lag maniac. although the retarded hair cut read is a good one.

donger 10-26-2005 03:05 PM

the haircut was the only read. this was like his 4th hand at the table.

PITTM 10-26-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check-raise the turn again since the only hand you are behind now is QQ or AQ and I doubt he caps AQ. Then again I don't know what hand he 3 bets you with on the flop unless he's being retarded with KK. Or the deck has 5 Aces.

If you can fold to a 3 bet after a check raise on the turn then check raise the turn. Otherwise bet-call the river. I would throw a tantrum if the river got checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont like this advice. checkraising this turn is kinda spewey. i like the play until the river, where i think i would bet.

rj

EvanJC 10-26-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said all asians are LAGs and I'd cap every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

jba 10-26-2005 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check-raise the turn again since the only hand you are behind now is QQ or AQ and I doubt he caps AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

it he's either FOS or has you beat, reraise can't be right, especially out of position. we need find some hands that will call our turn c/r in order to do it for value.

So we can't find much value in a turn c/r. If you now consider that we can spend 2BBs max to get to a guaranteed showdown in a huge pot, I don't see any reason to consider any line that costs 2bbs and doesn't get us to showdown.

also there are 3 combos of AQ (3 outs), and 3 combos of QQ (7 outs); if we are behind we have 5 outs to improve: we have to call a turn 3 bet anyways.

edit: missed 1 combo of AQ somehow, my point still stands