Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lost with J/9s on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365166)

Delzek15 10-25-2005 01:58 PM

Lost with J/9s on the flop

Ok so the plan was to CR but it gets raised to me. There is two to a flush and the board is pair with my TP decent at best kicker. Easy lay down?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Button checks.

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

jba 10-25-2005 02:01 PM

Re: Lost with J/9s on the flop

I think i'm betting into the PFR on the flop. when it comes back I'm either 3-betting if I think button might fold overcards or folding, I think it is close.

spydog 10-25-2005 03:00 PM

This is not a flop that you want to CR. Your hand is vulnerable to overcards and checkraising only traps people between the button and yourself, while bloating the pot and increasing the chances that there will be multiple participants at showdown. You want to bet into the button and hope he raises overcards so that the field will have to face 2 cold and hopefully they will fold leaving you HU with the button.

Good flop fold based on your line.

Delzek15 10-25-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a flop that you want to CR. Your hand is vulnerable to overcards and checkraising only traps people between the button and yourself, while bloating the pot and increasing the chances that there will be multiple participants at showdown. You want to bet into the button and hope he raises overcards so that the field will have to face 2 cold and hopefully they will fold leaving you HU with the button.

Good flop fold based on your line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I understand.. But you bet he raises and they fold. It's back to you do you 3-bet or just call.

jba 10-25-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok I understand.. But you bet he raises and they fold. It's back to you do you 3-bet or just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

call the raise, bet any non-flush turn.

JoshuaD 10-25-2005 08:08 PM

For sure bet out this flop. After BB's Raise, I just call.

I don't wanna 3-bet and let someone with a 3 hide behind our raises.

A heart is a bad card for you, the flush draws are really common in hands like this.