Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Bonus vs. Rake back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365083)

Mike Z 10-25-2005 10:49 AM

Bonus vs. Rake back

I am sure this question has been asked many times before but I couldn’t find it in a search
I am wondering why someone would use rake back as appose to bonus whoring. I get back almost 100% of my rake through bonus whoring. Can you double dip? Or is it a tool for when there is no bonus offered?

10-25-2005 10:51 AM

Re: Bonus vs. Rake back

For me, the answer is lazyness

Sniper 10-25-2005 10:56 AM

Because its not an either/or, you could be getting both!

10-25-2005 11:03 AM

For a part time player, bouncing around from site to site picking off the odd bonus can build up a nice chunk of change. For a full time pro, 6-10 tabling will blow through any bonus quickly, and rake will be the far better option.

10-25-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For me, the answer is lazyness

[/ QUOTE ]

10-26-2005 02:06 AM

For a low stakes recreational player bonuses do frquently equal around 100% rakeback or better but for a more serious player or pro playing 5/10 or above rakeback is more valuable. Plus as has been mentioned unless you hop from site to site you aren't always going to have bonuses to take advantage of. You can take advantage of RB and day.

SinCityGuy 10-26-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure this question has been asked many times before but I couldn’t find it in a search
I am wondering why someone would use rake back as appose to bonus whoring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are quite a few professional players who have aspirations of making a decent living.

Rasputin 10-26-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering why someone would use rake back as appose to bonus whoring. I get back almost 100% of my rake through bonus whoring. Can you double dip? Or is it a tool for when there is no bonus offered?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the things already mentioned, there may simply be the fact that some people prefer one site's software to another. I like Stars and FullTilt. I can't stand the old Party or skins.

I get rakeback at Tilt, and do the occasional bonus at Stars.

obsidian 10-26-2005 11:28 AM

There are some things like poker tracker and pokerace compatibility that some people want. Also, starting at around 5/10 6-max rakeback starts to rival most bonuses. At 10/60 6-max at party with a decent rakeback deal (pre-breakup) I was averaging about $0.10 a hand which is better than most bonuses.