Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AQ River (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364987)

10-25-2005 05:47 AM

AQ River

Villain is 66/12/1.9 after 300 hands.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

I couldn't help raising this river for some reason.
Whaddya think?

Danenania 10-25-2005 06:19 AM

Re: AQ River

I don't raise the flop usually.

I would just call the river. I also would have waited until the river to raise probably.

cartman 10-25-2005 07:13 AM

Raising the river here is pure suicide in my opinion.

Cartman

10-25-2005 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This guy donked into me 3 times at this table with random hands. I left that out of the OP by mistake. Not sure if that changes your opinon, do you still call?

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call the river. I also would have waited until the river to raise probably.

[/ QUOTE ]
The river definitely didn't feel like a correct raise. What do you put him on by the turn?

10-25-2005 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the river here is pure suicide in my opinion.

Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the river raise didn't feel right. Do you think he donk/3 bets the flop with 99 or a three? If not, what about when he 3 bets the turn? I just couldn't figure a hand for this guy...He's over-aggro and very loose.

Emperor 10-25-2005 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why dont you raise the flop here?

Megenoita 10-25-2005 09:00 AM

Raising the flop is generally bad with overs at this level. It's not like 1/2 where you're guaranteed to see a free river. Many times a wide range of hands from villain will 3-bet the flop, punishing you, and you have no idea where you're at. Just call because it's correct and because you don't make it too expensive to continue.

I think it's really close between calling and raising the river. This feels a lot like it could be A9. It could be 99, a 3, or A3 as well. The turn 3-bet is probably why I lean towards just calling the river, but that may be weak considering the type of player he is. If I were you, on the river I'd use maximum time to recall how he's played other hands and based on specifics of those, I would either call or raise.

M

stigmata 10-25-2005 09:06 AM

I wouldn't raise the flop. If he was a known random donk-bluffer, I think it's profitable to just get to showdown as cheap as possible.

I would have raised the turn. When he has both 3-betted the flop and the turn I think I just call the river.

He may well be leveraging his earlier image of donkbet bluffing to get in lots of bets with trips or better. I see this tactic somitemes with the 1-tabling loosies who pay attention to the game.

MAxx 10-25-2005 09:24 AM

i would not have raised the flop...but probably would have raised turn... and then just called down his 3bet (barring a rivered A).

Danenania 10-25-2005 09:26 AM

If you feel you have to call down a 3-bet then I don't think you should raise the turn either UI. As a general rule, free showdown raises are for when you can fold to a 3-bet with confidence.