Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Moving to Vegas (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364912)

10-25-2005 02:30 AM

Moving to Vegas

Ok we have a first timer here so be easy on me. So I've been playing poke online for a living for about 9 months. I've made over $100,000 and i've decided to make the jump to vegas. The main reasons are to play in live satellites for the wpt events ect... And also because of taxes... I'll play just as much online just want the live action... I've been to vegas 3 times (once for 2005 wsop event 2 and once for the 2005 main event).. So i know the city a little... Ok finally to the questions... If anyone could just give me feedback on what they think of the idea and if there is anyone that has made the jump already... Simple things like where to live.. Where to play... Weather.. Meeting people.. Anything really... Thanks

10-25-2005 02:48 AM

Re: Moving to Vegas

WHOA!! These topics have been covered many times before, use the search function.
As to where to live...
Vegas Appt Thread

10-25-2005 02:57 AM

How about anyone that has made the jump and ending up leaving?? Has anyone gone there and just hated it??

Sponger15SB 10-25-2005 03:40 AM

If you want to play live poker move to Los Angeles. If you want to win a WPT seat play online.

10-25-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone gone there and just hated it??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea the 99 out of 100 college dropouts that find out what variance is.

drewjustdrew 10-25-2005 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to play live poker move to Los Angeles. If you want to win a WPT seat play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes much more sense to me. There is a much better selection of mid to high limit games in LA. I don't know if it is more expensive to live there though????

KSOT 10-25-2005 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This makes much more sense to me. There is a much better selection of mid to high limit games in LA. I don't know if it is more expensive to live there though????

[/ QUOTE ]

How does LA offer a better selection than the gambling capital of the world?

Jimbo 10-25-2005 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

More proof you aren't very smart.

bugstud 10-25-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does LA offer a better selection than the gambling capital of the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only action above 20 other than a rare mirage 40 game and rare wynn 40 games is bellagio. Commerce alone has more selection.

Jeffage 10-26-2005 12:29 AM

I thought Mirage 40 was a pretty regular game, no? I'll be in Vegas for 10 days in December and figure I'll spend most of my time at Bellagio playing 30-60 or some 80-160 possibly as well. I like Mirage and Wynn also, but would prefer 40-80 at those places.

Jeff