Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How to Stop Worrying and Start Living (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364658)

clambunny 10-24-2005 07:57 PM

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living, by Dale Carnegie. This book is about exactly what it says, whether you worry a lot or just a little bit this is an excellent book. The thinking and ideas in it are simple but that is what great truths are, obvious once said. There are a lot of ideas on how to frame things or think about things differently where your reaction will be, WHAM, "of course that's how to think about it." Highly highly recommended.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 08:48 PM

Re: How to Stop Worrying and Start Living

I'm a big fan of thinking for yourself and not depending on guys like Dale Carnegie, Tony Robbins, or L. Ron Hubbard to tell you how to think.

sublime 10-24-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big fan of thinking for yourself and not depending on guys like Dale Carnegie, Tony Robbins, or L. Ron Hubbard to tell you how to think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but your a successfull guy and I will assume a 'go getter' by nature, of course a book like this will make no sense/serve no purpose to you.

Like, if somebody told me to read "how to be fat and still grab hot snapper" i would think he was an idiot.

My personal favorite, is the Magic Of Thinking Big, by David Scwartz. Awesome book.

jokerthief 10-24-2005 09:02 PM

Great book. It's not fair to lump Carnegie with Tony Robbins or Hubbard. He also is the author of "How to Win Friends and Influence People". That is the best book on how to cope and get along with people. Anyone who manages employees absolutly needs to read that book.

This is the second most powerful book I've ever read after Phychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz. How to Win Friends and Influence People is 3rd on my list.

Yeti 10-24-2005 09:06 PM

I think I may pick up Psychocybernetics. If it's bad I'm blaming you.

clambunny 10-24-2005 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

diablo, some smart people came up with ways to deal with worrying and in this book their ways of thinking on it are presented. i wouldn't characterize that as being told how to think. it is more about learning from other people, there is nothing wrong with that.

masse75 10-24-2005 09:12 PM

You gotta keep livin', man. L-I-V-I-N.

jokerthief 10-24-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also blame 52 reviewers on Amazon who give it an average of 5 stars.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also blame 52 reviewers on Amazon who give it an average of 5 stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not saying that is the case here, but a lot of the Amazon rating stuff is rigged. Just FYI.

Ulysses 10-24-2005 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

diablo, some smart people came up with ways to deal with worrying and in this book their ways of thinking on it are presented. i wouldn't characterize that as being told how to think. it is more about learning from other people, there is nothing wrong with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of thing just happens to be something where I think figuring out as much of this for yourself as possible is a really positive thing.