Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Call Down River Check/Raise with TPTK? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364637)

10-24-2005 07:31 PM

Call Down River Check/Raise with TPTK?

Party 2/4 10 handed with no real reads, but none of the players seem tricky or overly aggressive.

Folded to Hero in CO who raises with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB calls and BB calls.

Flop (6 SB)comes K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Checked to me. Hero bets. SB calls. BB Calls.

Turn (5 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Checked to me. Hero bets. SB calls. BB Folds.

River (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB Checks. Hero bets. SB raises. Hero calls.

Comments/advice would be appreciated on Hero's river play.

W. Deranged 10-24-2005 07:34 PM

Re: Call Down River Check/Raise with TPTK?

I will say that this hand is one that is very possible to fold, but not without at least some kind of a read. I'm calling here for piece of mind, information on my opponent, and because sometimes my hand is actually good.

I really want to fold, though. But I can't against a total unknown. But I call the river too much.

krimson 10-24-2005 07:57 PM

I have a hard time folding this. I just can't see how anyone plays a strong hand this way. It seems more like a donkey bluffing his way out of a missed flush. Maybe I'm not trusting enough [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

eisanm 10-24-2005 08:03 PM

I do call rivers too much, and check-raises also.

But I think this is not one of the situations where you can clearly fold. Against a very passive opponent who would never do such a thing without the nuts, I'd fold knowing that, but against any normal opponent or without reads, I would never fold here.

WillMagic 10-24-2005 08:12 PM

Very standard.

Will

flair1239 10-24-2005 09:41 PM

You are going to win this more than enough to times to make this call getting 10-1 against an unknown.

Donkeys frequently make this play out of desperation. Sometimes you will be shown K6 or Q6, sometimes a set, but alot of times you will see 77, QJ, or something very strange.

So getting 10-1 against an unknown I call and I expect to win a lot more than 1 out of every 11 times.

Delzek15 10-24-2005 10:04 PM

Exteremely standard.

TheHammer24 10-24-2005 10:08 PM

It is impossible to fold the river w.o read