Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   bad experience at WinStar in OK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364231)

jprince 10-24-2005 10:05 AM

bad experience at WinStar in OK

My first brick and mortar experience was awful. They were running about 18 tables with short waits for every limit. I ended up at the 1-2 no-limit. (my first mistake) This was the loosest game I've ever seen. Much looser even than low limit Party games. People sticking around with all kinds of junk. And there was lots of talking across the table. One father even showed his hand to his son a couple of times to see whether or not he should call a raise I made. Does that happen everywhere? I was seriously dissappointed. I don't have a cardroom any closer than that one. Anyone have any good experiences there?

arod4276 10-24-2005 10:08 AM

Re: bad experience at WinStar in OK

it hopefully will get alot better when they reopen the room in the bingo hall with many more tables

10-24-2005 05:15 PM

Okay, I can't figure out if this one is serious or not.

lighterjobs 10-24-2005 05:45 PM

what exactly were you so disappointed about?

i don't get it.

10-25-2005 02:14 AM

Everyone I go to Winstar with (Myself included) consistently beats the 4/8 and 5/10 tables there because it's just SO DAMN LOOSE. You'll get sucked out on a lot but the silly fish eventually give up all their money.

Cancuk 10-25-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My first brick and mortar experience was awful. They were running about 18 tables with short waits for every limit. I ended up at the 1-2 no-limit. (my first mistake) This was the loosest game I've ever seen. Much looser even than low limit Party games. People sticking around with all kinds of junk. And there was lots of talking across the table. One father even showed his hand to his son a couple of times to see whether or not he should call a raise I made. Does that happen everywhere? I was seriously dissappointed. I don't have a cardroom any closer than that one. Anyone have any good experiences there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

10-27-2005 10:02 AM

i'm not sure what you expected...a loose game is a good game. was the son playing? did you say something to the dealer (one player per hand)...

winstar poker is very good, though the room's administration could be a little better.

juanez 10-28-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They were running about 18 tables with short waits for every limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good.

[ QUOTE ]
This was the loosest game I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is good.

[ QUOTE ]
People sticking around with all kinds of junk.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is GREAT.

[ QUOTE ]
And there was lots of talking across the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what you mean here, but B&M poker is a bit more social than online. You often talk to people and they will often respond.

[ QUOTE ]
One father even showed his hand to his son a couple of times to see whether or not he should call a raise I made.

[/ QUOTE ]
This violates the "one player to hand rule" and would piss me off. I would ask the dealer to make it stop. If it didn't stop, I would call the floor.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a cardroom any closer than that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good cardroom to go to, but I've never been there.

All kidding aside, my first B&M experience "seemed" horrendous as well. Yeah, people play much more loosely than on-line and I got crushed on my first visit. Play good TAG poker and you will win in the long run.

Good luck!

bwana devil 10-28-2005 11:00 AM

ive played winstar a few times. B&M poker is just looser than online poker. just the way it is. everything sounds pretty normal except the father showing cards to the son. that's not allowed. especially if the son is at the table. that needs to stop immediately.

and you should clarify what you mean by "talking across the table." is this just chatter or are players coaching others on action by suggesting to fold/call/raise? if it's the later that is unacceptable.

one drawback of winstar is the rake is HUGE there. i forget the numbers. i think it's $6 plus a $1 for jackpot.