Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Small set becomes low full house... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363795)

otnemem 10-23-2005 05:30 PM

Small set becomes low full house...

Hero raises in MP with 88, button three-bets, SB calls three, Hero calls.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB bets, Hero calls (with intention of raising river?), Button calls.

River 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets, Button folds, SB raises (!!), Hero...

Folding is no option. Raise or call?

Borodog 10-23-2005 05:37 PM

Re: Small set becomes low full house...

Raise.

brazilio 10-23-2005 05:42 PM

Raise. Raise the turn. Calling this turn sucks balls.

10-23-2005 05:59 PM

Raise. Because you played the turn so soft, you can't wuss out on the river to a check raise.

NateDog 10-23-2005 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise. Raise the turn. Calling this turn sucks balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-23-2005 06:45 PM

Ram and f***ing jam that pot! What makes you think he wouldn't check-raise with AT, or any T for that matter?

10-23-2005 07:43 PM

I would just call the river rais. the only thing i can se he called the pre-flop rais that fits is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], JTs, JJ, TT, you are dead on tree of them. And if he had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] wouldnt he cap the flop?

alul 10-23-2005 08:31 PM

Read on SB would be helpful. What kind of hands could he cold call 3 PF? Is he a tight player? Then I just call the river raise. Otherwise 3-bet. And, yes, raise the turn.

otnemem 10-24-2005 08:32 AM

Results

I three-bet, he caps, I call. He shows JTs and I lose.

Nick Royale 10-24-2005 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call the river rais. the only thing i can se he called the pre-flop rais that fits is A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], JTs, JJ, TT, you are dead on tree of them. And if he had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] wouldnt he cap the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Your reasoning is flawed. He can't cap the flop, but 3-bet. You think he would 3-bet the flop with AT[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but not TT/JT/JJ? And if he's calling JTs preflop he could also be calling with KTs/QTs, calling all these hands are bad anyway. You're narrowing his range way too much, he could even have Q9s for a straight, even though it's not equally likely. His flop bet if he holds KTs or QTs is a bit sketchy, but not impossible. I actually think it's pretty slim, but I 3-bet.