Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QTo play along... every street is interesting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362333)

10-21-2005 09:31 AM

QTo play along... every street is interesting

3/6 6m

I open from the hijack with QTo, Villain (23/18/3.25, 150 hands) 3-bets from the button, blinds fold, I call

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , I don't have a spade.
Hero checkraises, villain 3-bets.

Can I chuck this here? I think villain's range is pretty narrow (I haven't seen him get out of hand yet) and at best I'm probably drawing to 5 outs, maybe 3, maybe less.

At this point the pot lays me 12:1.

jba 10-21-2005 09:36 AM

Re: QTo play along... every street is interesting

I would call to see the turn. The big problem here is that your implied odds are terrible, but yeah I think the pot is big enough to peel here.

Stefan_K 10-21-2005 09:46 AM

i fold preflop

postflop i'm not sure what to do

partygirluk 10-21-2005 09:48 AM

He could have a variety of hands here. Most likely call down. Definitely don't fold flop.

10-21-2005 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could have a variety of hands here. Most likely call down. Definitely don't fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention that I was on a pretty bad run of cards so I probably looked like (18/10/3) to villain, if he's paying attention. What do you put his range at partygirl?

10-21-2005 10:32 AM

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , I don't have a spade.
Hero checkraises, villain 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checkraises, villain pauses, then calls. This street was easy IMO. Also, Villain's pause is a good tell that he doesn't have a flush draw methinks.

At this point I put villain on AQ/QK/AA/KK, possibly an overaggresive AK with a spade but that is a stretch.

SnglMaltScotch 10-21-2005 10:45 AM

Other than not opening with QTo, I think that everything so far is standard. The only change I might make is to try for a bet/3bet on the turn. This guy is REALLY aggressive at 3.25 and will probably still raise KK/AA, but not 3 bet a C/R.

Big question is.... Do you go for the trifecta?

deception5 10-21-2005 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Big question is.... Do you go for the trifecta?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, villian checks behind too often imo.

partygirluk 10-21-2005 10:57 AM

He could have AA-77, two big spades, two big cards with a Q.

10-21-2005 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He could have AA-77, two big spades, two big cards with a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I haven't seen people play this aggresively at 3/6 in this situation with 77-JJ unless they are tilting maniacs. Perhaps this is more standard at 5/10 and above?