Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I'm the Villain. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362151)

Borodog 10-21-2005 12:48 AM

I\'m the Villain.

Live $5-$10 game, 9 handed. I open raise from middle position. Folds to BB, a tight, aggressive, but fairly straightforward player who 3 bets me. I call.

The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

BB bets, I raise, BB 3 bets, I call.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

BB bets, I call.

River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

BB bets, I raise. BB mucks A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] face up.

What is my hand?

10-21-2005 12:51 AM

Re: I\'m the Villain.

KQs?

WillyTrailer 10-21-2005 01:00 AM

umm...you could have a lot of things

But this is a pretty sweet play if you have the Ace of spades along with the King of whatever.

-WT

Borodog 10-21-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
umm...you could have a lot of things

But this is a pretty sweet play if you have the Ace of spades along with the King of whatever.

-WT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was hoping for more a range of hands you'd put me on than a guessing game for my exact hand. Also, what do you think of the BB's fold on the river?

10-21-2005 01:17 AM

88 or 27s

10-21-2005 01:50 AM

I reread the post, and I noticed one thing. Bad table selection!

Borodog 10-21-2005 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I reread the post, and I noticed one thing. Bad table selection!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. I play live in North Carolina. There's not a lot of tables to choose from. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Harv72b 10-21-2005 02:00 AM

Range of hands:

AA
2 Broadway suited to spades

Meh...that's probably it. Maybe A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Kx/Qx if you were feeling frisky. I don't think you raise the river with anything less, and I don't think you slowplay a smaller set on this board.

Borodog 10-21-2005 02:10 AM

You got me. I had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Because this player was very tight and straightforward, and knows I'm tight, I knew his 3 bet on the flop meant AK (the only time he's tricky is when he has a monster; since he 3-bet the flop he doesn't have AA). I peeled one card to spike my queen with the intention of folding the turn UI.

But then it occured to me that the last N times I could remember making a flush on the river, this dude hadn't paid me off. He was priding himself on making "good folds" against me. So I drew to the flush.

I didn't show.

Harv72b 10-21-2005 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But then it occured to me that the last N times I could remember making a flush on the river, this dude hadn't paid me off. He was priding himself on making "good folds" against me. So I drew to the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play the player. Ni han, sir!