Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   $2/$4 Stud/8 - I hate small pairs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362023)

greenage 10-20-2005 09:42 PM

$2/$4 Stud/8 - I hate small pairs

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 6: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.00 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

6th Street - (5.00 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (5.00 BB)

Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks

Total pot: (5.00 BB)

DeadMoneyOC 10-20-2005 10:06 PM

Re: $2/$4 Stud/8 - I hate small pairs

Sure seems like Seat 3 was going to call down with a pair of whatever bigger than 5s. Looks good. I am not sure I love betting on fourth into 3 other players, two of whom who have OK boards. I dont think its that bad though. I think its close between check and bet...probably would depend on how I am running. Running good=bet running bad=check call one bet

pipes 10-21-2005 10:43 AM

Hey greenage, yeah small pairs seem like they are tough to play. Even when you catch a nice low straight card, its not easy to know how to handle 4th in general.

For this hand:

3rd: I would have completed the bet. I try avoid having hitchhikers like the 9 with very little tagging along. Although for this structure the BI is 50% of the SB. he may have called anyway. But at least it may better define his hand. He ended up being a major thorn in your side.

4th: I like the bet. You may have the best high. You have low potential. Scary board developing.

5th. Bet

6th: Since I'd call a bet here, I would definitely bet. I would not fear a raise for him with your board.

7th: I'd check, you have no low, no high and no ability to bluff out a better high hand.

dibbs 10-21-2005 10:58 AM

I play it the same.

Fourth is interesting to me, you have a scary board but are getting called by the 86 and the 73 if they have a 4 low most of the time I think. I can't help myself and bet here, but I think it could be wrong.

DeadMoneyOC 10-21-2005 11:02 AM

Oh yeah, I didnt notice it was folded to you on 3rd. If I hadnt been playing retarded fast(which I usually am) I would probably raise 3rd on occasion.

Andy B 10-22-2005 11:43 AM

I'd raise on third unless the folks behind me were very loose, but you played this one fine.

greenage 10-22-2005 05:04 PM

Thanks guys

I’m so biased against this type of hand that I’d be more inclined to fold third than complete. That some of you recommended a completion on third is very informative.

I don’t have the HH but I think the guy took it with a pair of nines.

Thank you

MarkL444 10-23-2005 08:42 AM

when might he end up folding on 3rd? If seat 6 and 7 call the BI does that give him a fold? (Or just one of them maybe?)

Andy B 10-23-2005 11:23 AM

There is no way I fold (55)4 for only the bring-in with only two people to act behind me, especially when one of them is showing a Nine.