Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Morbid Question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361808)

Salerosa 10-20-2005 04:12 PM

Morbid Question

I almost got ran over by some stupid Phi Mu chick driving some huge SUV talking on a cell phone yesterday, and it got me to thinking: I have a small fortune (to most people, not high stakes 2+2'ers) sitting on various internet poker sites. Noone knows my passwords or how to access this money aside from me; what would happen to this money should I meet an untimely demise? Anyone thought about setting up some sort of a "will" with instructions on how to retrieve this money for their loved ones? How willing would off-shore gaming sites be willing to work with my family should they not have access to something like this?

Sorry if this doesn't belong here it was just on my mind...

etizzle 10-20-2005 04:15 PM

Re: Morbid Question

i dont know what to do about this, but this is definitely something to think about.

arod15 10-20-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know what to do about this, but this is definitely something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

unimproved 10-20-2005 04:26 PM

My parents have all my logon IDs and passwords to all sites I play at, plus my NETeller ID number, secure ID and password, in a safe at home. If I die my brother gets the money. I hadn't really thought about this much myself until a close friend of mine, same age as me (and I am pretty young) died earlier this year.

TheWorstPlayer 10-20-2005 04:33 PM

Wow, this is a good call. I did not think about this at all. Damn.

cero_z 10-20-2005 05:01 PM

Hi,

Uh, yeah. My wife has the info.

Glad you're OK. Now that you are, though, it's pretty funny that the item that springs to mind upon facing down your death is the e-money you'd leave behind.

beset7 10-20-2005 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost got ran over by some stupid Phi Mu chick driving some huge SUV talking on a cell phone yesterday, and it got me to thinking: I have a small fortune (to most people, not high stakes 2+2'ers) sitting on various internet poker sites. Noone knows my passwords or how to access this money aside from me; what would happen to this money should I meet an untimely demise? Anyone thought about setting up some sort of a "will" with instructions on how to retrieve this money for their loved ones? How willing would off-shore gaming sites be willing to work with my family should they not have access to something like this?

Sorry if this doesn't belong here it was just on my mind...

[/ QUOTE ]

Write out all your SNs and passwords, burn them to a CD, and give them to the lawyer who is handling your will or estate with instructions on who to disperse the information to with relevant cashout instructions in case of death.

gomberg 10-20-2005 05:15 PM

Yeah - i recently wrote down all user id's and passwords to every poker site i play and neteller and bookie-sites I used and gave it to my parents to hide away in a safe deposit box in case something happens (knock on wood here).

10-20-2005 05:20 PM

Did you steal my thread idea? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But yeah spread the word

phil_ivey_fan 10-20-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Uh, yeah. My wife has the info.

Glad you're OK. Now that you are, though, it's pretty funny that the item that springs to mind upon facing down your death is the e-money you'd leave behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha don't cheat on her