Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A8s- Against fairly well defined opponent (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361564)

flair1239 10-20-2005 09:50 AM

A8s- Against fairly well defined opponent

BB: 56/23/1 (Fold to Flop bet 40%/ Flop Aggression 1, Fold to turn bet 0%/ Turn Aggression 2.5, WTSD 37/W$SD 52)- 75 hands

I have been having a swingy session Up 20BB/ down 30BB...etc. At the time of this hand I had been card dead and had only VPIP'd once in the last 3 orbits.

Villian has been running well through recent hands.

Hollywood Poker 5/10 (5-max)

UTG folds, CO hero raises A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Button folds, SB folds, BB calls

Flop (2-players, 4.5SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian checks, hero Bets, Villian calls

Turn (2.6BB) T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian checks, Hero ______s with the intention of _________

Stefan_K 10-20-2005 11:24 AM

Re: A8s- Against fairly well defined opponent

[ QUOTE ]

Villian checks, Hero bets with the intention of folding to a rais

[/ QUOTE ]

Stefan_K 10-20-2005 11:26 AM

if you are not in the mood of folding, wich can happen to me somtimes, you can always check and call. if you are scared of beein outbluffed. but i think bet fold is optimalt in general

trentcroad 10-20-2005 11:55 AM

Id prefer to bet and fold here, or bet and check the river UI. But when I see the fold to a turn bet no. it makes me want to check. Id prob bet though.

flair1239 10-20-2005 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Id prefer to bet and fold here, or bet and check the river UI. But when I see the fold to a turn bet no. it makes me want to check. Id prob bet though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I thought it was interesting.

In a small pot against a guy with high turn aggression, who has yet to fold over a decent sized session, I think my fold equity on the turn is very low.

Also with the board the way it is, I am not sure I can claim to be value betting.

Stefan_K 10-20-2005 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I thought it was interesting.

In a small pot against a guy with high turn aggression, who has yet to fold over a decent sized session, I think my fold equity on the turn is very low.

Also with the board the way it is, I am not sure I can claim to be value betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

people always complain at me because i seem to draw conclutions of peoples tells with low samplesize but this is to much. 75and never fold the turn has happend to me aswell