Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hand against partygirluk (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360638)

jason_t 10-19-2005 02:36 AM

Hand against partygirluk

partygirluk opens UTG and I 3-bet from the SB with AQo. The BB folds and partygirluk calls.

Flop: AKQr
I bet, partygirluk raises, I

How can I get as much money in the pot as possible but not lose partygirluk?

partygirluk 10-19-2005 02:40 AM

Re: Hand against partygirluk

[ QUOTE ]

How can I get as much money in the pot as possible but not lose partygirluk?

[/ QUOTE ]

You will never lose me honey [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

gaming_mouse 10-19-2005 02:43 AM

raise/fold or raise/call the river.

oreogod 10-19-2005 02:50 AM

Id probably 3bet/lead. I think call and CR the turn is lame. This way if he just calls u can dictate if 3bets goes in on the turn and not him.

I think call/bet turn is no good as well.

jason_t 10-19-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise/fold or raise/call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold?

TStoneMBD 10-19-2005 03:05 AM

this is an interesting hand. the only holding i can put him on is KQ/JT or trying to take a shot at you with the intention of folding to more pressure. he could have also opted not to cap with a big pair. rainbow board, its not like hes raising J9 for a free card, but he might be raising a AJ/KJ type hand with the intention of taking a free card for a cheap showdown with a gutshot.

so calling the raise and betting the turn looks good, but even with that line you might lose Ax all together as he might just muck it. although, i dont think he should be raising Ax on that board unless its AJ or AT trying to take a free card.

so i say call/donk unless you put him on a pair+gutshot as his most likely holding then i would 3bet the flop and bet turn.

jason_t 10-19-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I favor. Why don't you think it's good?

oreogod 10-19-2005 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I favor. Why don't you think it's good?

[/ QUOTE ]

80 percent of the time there is only one reason u are doing this. If I know this, party girl probably knows this.

Edit: Hence if she does raise, I dont htink its good for your hand. Unless u wanted to bet/call.

sthief09 10-19-2005 03:54 AM

keep raising until he convinces you he has a better hand. when he raises the flop, he either (1) has a hand he won't fold, or (2) has enough outs to call the flop and turn, so no FPS necessary

TStoneMBD 10-19-2005 03:59 AM

youre telling me that party would raise this flop with a one pair type hand and wont fold it to aggression or that he would never raise a one pair type hand without a gutshot on this flop? one or the other is what youre implying.