Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   US News & World Report: Cheney resignation rumors fly (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360224)

Jedster 10-18-2005 03:12 PM

US News & World Report: Cheney resignation rumors fly

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/ar....htm?track=rss

White House Watch: Cheney resignation rumors fly

Posted 10/18/05
By Paul Bedard

Sparked by today's Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney's office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

...link to full article.

etgryphon 10-18-2005 03:22 PM

Re: US News & World Report: Cheney resignation rumors fly

That would be real interesting...

It would set the stage for her running in 2008. It would be relatively harmless move for Cheney. He is not running for anything. The Rove and Co. could spin it so that Bush would get credit for "something".

Very interesting...

-Gryph

10-18-2005 03:25 PM

I think it would also prbably help Billary's chances.

Course, Im going to canada anyways, so best of luck.

Wes ManTooth 10-18-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would also prbably help Billary's chances.

Course, Im going to canada anyways, so best of luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you go to Canada and I assume Alec Baldwin will come back... yeah I don't like this trade.

10-18-2005 03:39 PM

awwww.

fine I'll stay.

hmm, who would we trade to canada.....

I'll go with, hmmmm.... Michael Moore's lying, almost-make-me-wanna-be-GOP ass for Robin Williams, Jim Carrey, and one Comedian to be announced later.

Jedster 10-18-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be real interesting...

It would set the stage for her running in 2008. It would be relatively harmless move for Cheney. He is not running for anything. The Rove and Co. could spin it so that Bush would get credit for "something".

Very interesting...

-Gryph

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is no chance that the religious right-wing won't flip out if Condi is appointed. She is pro-choice, albeit "mildly" so.

10-18-2005 04:00 PM

I'm not sure if that would happen. I'm not saying it wouldn't, but Cheney isn't anti-gay, and in fact has a gay daughter who he didn't kick out of the house (as did Alan Keyes).

Jedster 10-18-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if that would happen. I'm not saying it wouldn't, but Cheney isn't anti-gay, and in fact has a gay daughter who he didn't kick out of the house (as did Alan Keyes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but lesbian sex is hotter than abortion. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Beer and Pizza 10-18-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheney isn't anti-gay, and in fact has a gay daughter who he didn't kick out of the house (as did Alan Keyes).

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a strong case for picking Keyes as Cheney's replacement, but I doubt Bush will pick Keyes for the post.

Tom DeLay would be the ideal pick since he has temporarily set aside his leadership post. <font color="white"> /joke </font>

PITTM 10-18-2005 04:28 PM

wow, what an interesting story. if rice gets the vp it seems like bush's security force would have to step it up considerably.

rj