Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (Very OT) Victory over Caffeine (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359433)

stupidsucker 10-17-2005 01:37 PM

(Very OT) Victory over Caffeine

A few months ago I had posted about giving caffeine up.

I switched to caffeine free coke, and I tasted no difference.

Today I realized... I dont even drink that anymore. Caffeine is there to make you crave the beverage to buy it. Legal drug pushing.

Quiting caffeine is one of the most EV things I have ever done. Lost 5 pounds too.

zipppy 10-17-2005 01:40 PM

Re: (Very OT) Victory over Caffeine

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just made baby Jesus cry.

stupidsucker 10-17-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just made baby Jesus cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was reluctant, and it was hard to find non-diet caffeine free. Sounds kooky I know, and I drank a lot of rootbeer as well. Rootbeer > coke anyways.(good rootbeer).

pokerdirty 10-17-2005 02:14 PM

now that you are thinking about it, you know you want a coke right now...

Gar Pike 10-17-2005 02:19 PM

Now give up soft drinks altogether. The sh*t they put in those is worse for you than caffeine ever was *. ('Less of course you go crazy on caffeine and start shooting at cops, or flipping off gangstas, or something)

::Commercial Plug:: Go to like Trader Joe's or somewhere that sells pure fruit juice, blueberry or aronia berry is pretty tasty, and good for you. cranberry will make you pucker for a week)::End Commercial Plug::

Regards

Gar

PS * Even worse for you than making Baby Jesus cry, and I hear that goes on your *permanent* record.

10-17-2005 02:19 PM

Getting a cup of coffee with one or two esspresso shots in it once a month is like the best feeling ever. Caffiene is by far my favorite drug (granted, I don't do many), and works really well if you use it really infrequently

10-17-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I taste a difference if I drink it from a gold can instead of a red one. My brain knows there is no caffeine and tells me it's disgusting. It doesn't taste as bad if I pour it in a glass first. It tastes exactly the same if someone else pours it in the glass first but doesn't tell me about it.

10-17-2005 02:25 PM

Good job. Now you just need to let go of maryjane [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

10-17-2005 02:26 PM

Are you one of those silly people who clicks reply to the last post in a thread when he means to reply to the first? :/

Bluff Daddy 10-17-2005 03:19 PM

well you lost 5 lbs b/c you stopped drinking cokes with 40g of sugar in them. If anything this should be a victory over coke not caffeine