Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Absolute 5-handed 98o (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359424)

brazilio 10-17-2005 01:30 PM

Absolute 5-handed 98o

50/100, a good game. SB is a pretty big LAG, who's been luckboxing constantly. I play with him a ton, he can occasionally find a fold, but he's more likely to cap a 3SB pot on the flop with a gutshot and no overs because he's retarded. He's kind of stupid, and his preflop 3-bet means he's got 2 cards. I thought this was an easy cap.

UTG is a pretty big LAG as well.

Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls all-in, SB calls.

flop T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - 14SB

<font color="red">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9BB
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">SB raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">SB raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Final pot 21BB

Everything ok?

wackjob 10-17-2005 01:42 PM

Re: Absolute 5-handed 98o

I think I like it. Your hand is superbly disguised.

baronzeus 10-17-2005 01:48 PM

lol. you're a [censored] douchebag. fold preflop.

Spicymoose 10-17-2005 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everything ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I would prefer your play more if you had 63s.

TheMetetron 10-17-2005 03:26 PM

So, you were playing Baronzeus? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

imported_CaseClosed326 10-17-2005 03:33 PM

Nice hand, fish...

baronzeus 10-17-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, you were playing Baronzeus? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

wackjob 10-17-2005 03:38 PM

This is definately not a fish hand, but a maniacal LAG hand.

Subfallen 10-17-2005 03:42 PM

The real question is, how many bets do you go if the flop comes KQ4. I say just check-call, then cap the next two streets trying to get a fold. Unless an A comes, then I would lay it down.

Magikist 10-17-2005 04:32 PM

Your preflop line isn't bad if you think you can isolate SB. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was your intent. Some guys at the 50 game can fold for 2 more back to them, but some can't. Depends on who UTG was. The presence of an all-in MP isn't good, though. So you can't isolate. Furthermore, you don't need to emply deception against opponents like SB (I play this game fairly frequently, and I can't really think of whom you're referring to). There are better spots. At least be suited, for gods sake.

Otherwise, what is there to discuss? You flopped the nuts. Congratulations. The board pairing is largely irrelevant. Given your description of the opponent, turn and river 3 bets are fairly obvious. He'll cap with worse hands than yours.