Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   77 river decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359363)

aargh57 10-17-2005 12:00 PM

77 river decision

Villain is Loose and fairly passive postflop something like 49/7/.9

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
2 folds</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
BB checks, [Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero ?

10-17-2005 12:04 PM

Re: 77 river decision

I bet\fold.

I think there's enough of a chance to fold bigger PP to make a bet here and I can safely fold to raise.

keetz555 10-17-2005 12:11 PM

Preflop: Very marginal call. If the table is really passive, I might consider limping in.

Flop: Check-fold.

Turn: Check-fold.

River: Check-fold.

You missed your set. Let go of your small pocket pair.

Vote4Pedro 10-17-2005 12:14 PM

Are you serious?

MrWookie47 10-17-2005 12:14 PM

An aggression factor of 0.9 on a villain with a VPIP of 49 is fairly high. Think - he's getting just as many good hands as you are, and he's playing a lot of junk, too, calling where you would be folding either pre- or postflop. An agg. factor like this suggests he's still betting and raising a fair number of hands. Now, it may be that he overplays his good hands and still calls with marginal ones, or it may be that he is betting with things you wouldn't. I bet/fold this river. I'd expect a K to have raised me somewhere. If you're called, you might get shown A high or a lower PP. Some villains might fold 88 or 99 here, but that's unlikely given the loose read. I think you can bet this for value.

aargh57 10-17-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Very marginal call. If the table is really passive, I might consider limping in.

Flop: Check-fold.

Turn: Check-fold.

River: Check-fold.

You missed your set. Let go of your small pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't argue with preflop (although I don't see how this is a "very marginal" call) but the rest of your advise is pretty much

Flop:weak-tight
Turn:weak-tight
River:weak-tight

aargh57 10-17-2005 12:16 PM

Yeah, I understand the thing about the AF when someone has a high VPIP. That's why I said somewhat passive instead of just passive. I guess I shouldn't have labeled him even somewhat passive though.

DMBFan23 10-17-2005 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he doesn't call, it should be because he raised.

on the river, your options are either bet or check-fold. betting is superior to check-calling against this opponent, and I don't think you're enough of a favorite when you check and he bets to check-raise. personally I bet, and maybe fold to a raise although you'd really expect him to raise a K on the flop.

10-17-2005 12:24 PM

That king shouldn't scare you. It actually makes it less likely that villain holds a king. The way you played it I think bet/fold.

Also, what do you put him on when he calls the flop bet? There are no draws availible so it's hard to think he holds anything less then a king so I'm a bit unsure about the turn.

aargh57 10-17-2005 12:26 PM

I was considering raising but had 2 or 3 loose players after me plus the blinds. I didn't like the idea of raising 77 and still getting 4 callers. I almost did though because I was UTG+2