Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   River Hand #2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359304)

crunchy1 10-17-2005 09:18 AM

River Hand #2

The game is really good!! All villians in this hands are loose/passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (poster) calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero...

Check behind or value bet?

@bsolute_luck 10-17-2005 09:23 AM

Re: River Hand #2

the trouble i have with this river is a Jack might raise too so i'd hate to fold to a c/r, but i guess Loose/passive wouldn't do this [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

my answer: i typically bet/fold here.

newhizzle 10-17-2005 09:26 AM

i would have raised the flop, but i understand why you didnt

BB's bet then check does look a lot like a flush draw, but if we are ahead we are possibly missing 3 bets by checking, with everyone being passive you can easily fold to a raise, so i think i bet here too

Nick Royale 10-17-2005 09:39 AM

I raise the flop and bet the river every time.

ErrantNight 10-17-2005 10:32 AM

value bet.

i'd raise the flop, too, but whatevs.

QTip 10-17-2005 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

crunchy1 10-17-2005 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My plan, given that the flop bet came from the 1st-to-act, was to hopefully trap the field for 2BBs on the turn - rather than 2SBs on the flop. I don't think I like that line, in hindsight, given the player types sitting to my right.

I really hate my river check (should have been a bet/fold) - which is why I posted this hand.

Nick Royale 10-17-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My plan, given that the flop bet came from the 1st-to-act, was to hopefully trap the field for 2BBs on the turn - rather than 2SBs on the flop. I don't think I like that line, in hindsight, given the player types sitting to my right.

I really hate my river check (should have been a bet/fold) - which is why I posted this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't fold a 18BB pot unless I'm really confident with my reads. Or the action goes something like bet, call, call, raise.

crunchy1 10-17-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't fold a 18BB pot unless I'm really confident with my reads. Or the action goes something like bet, call, call, raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. In this case - it would've been an easy fold against any of those 3 opponents. I had good stats and notes on all of them.

I'm such a puss! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nick Royale 10-17-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. In this case - it would've been an easy fold against any of those 3 opponents. I had good stats and notes on all of them.

I'm such a puss! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Assume the action goes:
River: (15.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, hero...

No stats in the world can make me sure enough he's not holding AJ/KJ/Jx or are just trying a bluff 6% of the times for me not to making this call. A very confident "real" read could though.

EDIT: didn't see you actually had real reads...