Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Everything is Illuminated (short review) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359169)

istewart 10-17-2005 01:21 AM

Everything is Illuminated (short review)

For those of you that care (not sure how many of you that is):

Don't see it. I will never walk out on a movie I paid for but I was looking at my watch every 8 seconds.

Liev Schreiber, you are not a director. Go back to being a bad actor.

Elijah Wood: you are horrible in every movie you've ever been in.

This was an entertaining book that had no place being on screen.

Cancuk 10-17-2005 01:44 AM

Re: Everything is Illuminated (short review)

The movie is getting pretty good reviews. Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars.

Liev Schreiber just won a Tony for stage actor of the year, and is known as one of the best Shakespearean Actors around. He was nominated for a Emmy for Best Actor for his role in RKO:281.

This might be a little biased, i'm partially related to Liev Schreiber. But, I still think he's a great actor.

mmmmmbrother 10-17-2005 02:06 AM

i actually liked the book
im not going to ruin it

tonypaladino 10-17-2005 02:16 AM

Jonathan Safran Foer represents everything I hate about [censored]-self-important authors. I will never read one of his books or see a movie based on one.

ononimo 10-17-2005 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jonathan Safran Foer represents everything I hate about [censored]-self-important authors. I will never read one of his books or see a movie based on one.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's only written two books ... if you've read neither of them, where does this opinion come from?

tonypaladino 10-17-2005 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's only written two books ... if you've read neither of them, where does this opinion come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've worked in the book business for years. I know a lot of authors.

edtost 10-17-2005 03:26 AM

i really liked this book, and cannot see it possibly being any good as a movie.

TheHip41 10-17-2005 03:31 AM

this was an excellent book. foer's newest book, incredibly loud and extremely close it just as good. i won't see movies of these books, there is no point.

Popinjay 10-17-2005 04:02 AM

I saw Liev Schreiber in "Glengarry Glen Ross" on Broadway and he was great. Definitely the best actor in that production and very entertaining.

Paluka 10-17-2005 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you also not listen to music made by rock stars who are jerks? How about seeing movies starring actors who aren't good people?