Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Live 8/16 kill pot hand vs Bakku (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358939)

DeathDonkey 10-16-2005 05:23 PM

Live 8/16 kill pot hand vs Bakku

Live 8/16 kill pot (so its 16/32). Some odd guy limps UTG, I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]in the SB, Bakku calls from the BB, UTG limp reraises, we both call.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] checked to UTG who bets, we both call.

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checked to UTG who bets, I checkraise, Bakku doesn't even pause and check 3 bets, UTG calls all in. What's my play and plan for rest of the hand if I continue?

-DeathDonkey

toss 10-16-2005 05:26 PM

Re: Live 8/16 kill pot hand vs Bakku

4-bet him.

I think he has a good hand, but not a flush.

Borodog 10-16-2005 05:28 PM

Call down. You are either splitting or drawing dead. You may have a freeroll on him, or he may have one on you. Since you act first on the river, I would probably bet a diamond . . . but I am going to hate calling a raise.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-16-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4-bet him.

I think he has a good hand, but not a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless bakkubakku has a set (which he has never here) or is chopping with broadway, his hand is shutting down completely here if he gets 4-bet.

toss 10-16-2005 05:49 PM

So call and raise a non-diamond river?

bakku 10-16-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call down. You are either splitting or drawing dead. You may have a freeroll on him, or he may have one on you. Since you act first on the river, I would probably bet a diamond . . . but I am going to hate calling a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you bet a diamond river and i raise you are going to win 0% of the time.

Borodog 10-16-2005 07:04 PM

Exactly.

bakku 10-17-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

? your previous post implied you were calling a river raise

elindauer 10-17-2005 03:05 AM

I think there is a fair chance you have the best hand, but not high enough that I want to put in any more raises. Call and call any non-diamond river. If the river is a diamond and you face a bet, well, good luck with that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Eric

edit: since you are out of position, a diamond river is easy to handle. Bet/fold. Note that your play is consistent with many hands holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and the pot is mostly protected, so you should rarely be bluff raised. Since your opponent, if he does not have a flush, has a strong made hand, a bluff raise is even less likely.