Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   This an easy fold w/ no read? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358872)

10-16-2005 02:55 PM

This an easy fold w/ no read?

Bodog 100k
Blinds 15/30

Hero has 1300 chips.

Dealt QQ UTG, raise to 100 (More than the standard for this table, everyone here are big fans of the minraise / hammer approaches O_O)

MP calls (1500ish stack), BB (2500) calls.

Flop

5h 9s 10d

BB checks, I lead 180 into 300ish pot, MP pushes, Hero?

Someone told me in chat that he overprotects overpairs like that, but I only really beat JJ there (which I think is a strong possibility), but I would also think KK/AA reraise me PF. Maybe he likes calling with those, he did hesitate for a while before throwing in his call, perhaps debating a reraise but somehow scared of UTG raise? Overthinking online tell likely, but I think JJ and KK are likely, doubt hes pushing a set here. Opinion?

TheBlueMonster 10-16-2005 03:01 PM

Re: This an easy fold w/ no read?

fold? You're serious? Are you that weak tight?

10-16-2005 03:04 PM

Well, I had no read on villain as far as post-flop play, but that was partly due to the fact that I hadn't seen him play a hand the whole time I was at the table. What range do you put a tight villain on here?

benneh 10-16-2005 03:04 PM

w/ no read that board is nothing but an instacall.

illegit 10-16-2005 03:06 PM

With no read I can't fold this. You say he seems to be tightish so that's a tiny bit of a read. Still, can't fold it.

10-16-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold? You're serious? Are you that weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you think a tight player would push into UTG raiser with on this flop? I shouldn't of said no read in the topic, however I knew nothing about his post flop play like I said. It does seem weak-tight to fold here though, I agree, but what range am I looking at for villain?

10-16-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10-16-2005 03:22 PM

Ok but lets say villain hasn't played any hands in about 3 rounds that weve seen, what range of hands do you think he make this move with?

10-16-2005 03:49 PM

No one? I mean, I understand we have an overpair to the board here, but cmon, you guys are more than level 1 thinking players, theres more to it than what WE have. Can no one put villain on a range of hands here? No one even thinking for a second as to what villain may have? Insta-call with no thought? I mean, what range of hands would any of YOU pull this with? I understand why folding is weak-tight, but at least put some thought into the response and tell me what you think of a tight villain's range here, as no one has said anything except that its an easy call based only on what we have, with no other thought involved, which is unlike 2+2 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TomHimself 10-16-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]