Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Movin' on Up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358586)

droolie 10-15-2005 11:49 PM

Movin\' on Up

So I'm looking all over hell for the juiciest games on the skins and stars to clear bonii. I've been playing primarily 2/4 and some 3/6 but occasionally step up if I see juicy games. Tonight I found a 50% table at 5/10 stars. I decided to give it a 20BB shot. I was card dead for the first few orbits and only played a couple hands including a painful hand vs the loosest bluffer at the table where my JJ was cracked by a flopped boat A5 (AA5 flop), blech.

Anyways my 20BB's was just about up when this hand came along. Two of the loose players had busted out and a couple new faces had just filled their seats so I had no read on them. I was actually one tabling and had decent reads on the entire table so of course the main villians in this hand were the two unknowns.

I get 4 red tits in UTG+2. UTG (TAG) limps, there's a fold, <font color="red"> I raise</font> , two folds, a loose slightly retarded passive amway representative CC's, a rock CC's, SB (no read) calls, <font color="red"> BB (no read) reraises</font>, UTG calls 2, <font color="red"> I cap</font>, three more calls.

6 of us go the flop for 24SB's

The flop comes 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The action is checked to me and <font color="red"> I bet</font>, first CCer folds, rock calls, <font color="red"> SB check-raises</font>, <font color="red">BB check-reraises</font>, UTG folds, I go into the tank, put my finger in my nose and scratch my cerebral cortex and call! (gah), rocks folds, <font color="red"> SB caps</font> , BB calls, I call.

Me and two guys I just met go to the turn for a trunk load of money (18BB's or so I lost count)

The turn is the 6 of bricks
SB checks, <font color="red"> BB bets</font>, I call, SB calls. I now know SB is on a flush draw. There's only one hand BB can have that I beat that is remotely reasonable (can you guess it?), so of course my calls make very little sense except for the fact that I have odds to draw to my set.

There's now 21.5BB or so in the pot.

The river is the 5 of bricks.
SB open folds. Really, I'm not kidding. <font color="red"> BB bets</font>, I pray to the poker gods that he has that one hand I beat and call. I notice that my hand is actually shaking as the cards are flipped over...

How'd I do?

bozlax 10-16-2005 12:26 AM

Re: Movin\' on Up

[ QUOTE ]
...I go into the tank, put my finger in my nose and scratch my cerebral cortex and call! (gah)...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Amway rep crack made me chortle a little and then I hit this nugget and beer came out my nose. That hurts worse than salt water.

10-16-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you guess it?

[/ QUOTE ]

K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

DavidC 10-16-2005 12:38 AM

Dude, bust the piggy bank and go for a 25bb shot. You'll be much better off, as you don't want to start playing with a short-stack.

However, congrats on the courage. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave.

DavidC 10-16-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get 4 red tits in UTG+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always say 8 red tits in this case, but it confuses the hell out of people.

--Dave.

(alright, continueing to read hand)

10-16-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always say 8 red tits in this case,

[/ QUOTE ]

DavidC 10-16-2005 12:47 AM

Is the hand that BB could have... KQs? 99? AKs? KQs is a really narrow value raise that people SHOULD make but don't, so I guess you're thinking AKs spades here.

Edit: not 99, lol!

This hand made me puke all over my monitor, keyboard, and grilled cheese sandwich that I was eating. Twice.

I don't know, man... There's two ways to play this: to call down like you did and to fold it on the flop. Great read on the SB's flush draw!

Actually, forget that. You had great implied odds to chase a set. On the turn, I guess you have to keep chasing.

On the river, damnit, you still have to call. I hope you won. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave

DavidC 10-16-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always say 8 red tits in this case,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woot, another nit! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

droolie 10-16-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, bust the piggy bank and go for a 25bb shot. You'll be much better off, as you don't want to start playing with a short-stack.

However, congrats on the courage. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I brought 60BB's to the table but wasn't going to lose more than 20 of them. Until this hand came along that is. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

DavidC 10-16-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I brought 60BB's to the table but wasn't going to lose more than 20 of them. Until this hand came along that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe... sweet response.