Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha/8 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Party PLO8 $600 line check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358493)

Wintermute 10-15-2005 08:47 PM

Party PLO8 $600 line check

Villain just sat down, he's pretty decent to my recollection.

$600 PL Omaha Hi/Lo
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 2: Hero ( $529.70 )
Seat 5: Folder ( $662.30 )
Seat 6: Villain ( $150 )
Folder posts small blind [$3].
Villain posts big blind [$6].

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Js 5c 7s Ac ]

Hero raises [$21].
Folder folds.
Villain calls [$15].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, Jd, 2s ]

Villain bets [$15].
Hero raises [$89].

Too aggressive, even considering range of hands? Or OK?

redmarion 10-16-2005 07:19 AM

Re: Party PLO8 $600 line check

Ac5c7sJs is pretty weak raising hand in my book. If you are called by a decent player, you're in trouble & need much help on the board. Knowing that you were against a decent player, it looks like you're only getting your money back heads up unless you get a miracle 3,4 and spades. Since hehas bet the flop you are probably against nutflush & nutlow or set & nutlow draw [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

xorbie 10-16-2005 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ac5c7sJs is pretty weak raising hand in my book. If you are called by a decent player, you're in trouble & need much help on the board. Knowing that you were against a decent player, it looks like you're only getting your money back heads up unless you get a miracle 3,4 and spades. Since hehas bet the flop you are probably against nutflush & nutlow or set & nutlow draw [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 3 handed. Raise is perfectly fine PF.

On the flop, I think the raise is probably decent, if nothing else it will get you a good look at the river unless he has a real monster. If he calls, I probably don't put anything in on the turn unless I make my flush or pick up a seriously good second draw to go with it.

gergery 10-16-2005 08:31 AM

I like it alot, but I suck at PLO8 recently.

His lead makes me think he's got A3, maybe with Ax spades, maybe w/ middle pair. Any way you are ahead and have position so fine.

-g

Wintermute 10-16-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls, I probably don't put anything in on the turn unless I make my flush or pick up a seriously good second draw to go with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if he calls he's only got $40 behind in a $210 pot. So I'm committed--the raise is a "see you at the river" move.

xorbie 10-17-2005 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he calls, I probably don't put anything in on the turn unless I make my flush or pick up a seriously good second draw to go with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, if he calls he's only got $40 behind in a $210 pot. So I'm committed--the raise is a "see you at the river" move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that'll teach me about not reading stack sizes.

emptyshell 10-17-2005 02:37 PM

This would be a no-brainer for me, considering that he's shortstacked. I'd be a little more hesitant if he was deeper, since the flop raise doesn't commit that large a % of the stack (and then you're left with a tough decision when one of your non-nut draws hit). Basically, I think it's a good move if the raise pot commits you.

Wintermute 10-17-2005 02:40 PM

results

Villain calls [$74].

** Dealing Turn ** [ 6d ]

Villain is all-In [$40]
Hero calls [$40].

** Dealing River ** [ 9d ]

Villain shows [ Ts, 4c, 3c, Ks ] a pair of sixes. Hero shows [ Js, 5c, 7s, Ac ] two pairs, jacks and sixes. Hero wins $302 from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and sixes. There was no qualifying low hand.

Turned out I was behind 55/45 on the flop, so I think the play ended up being around EV neutral.