Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Confused (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358384)

10-15-2005 05:54 PM

Confused

This hand makes me scratch my head [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] , comments on all streets welcome.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (24 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 37 BB

digitalis 10-15-2005 06:02 PM

Re: Confused

I 3-bet the flop if SB is a loose preflop raiser. I think calling the flop and turn is ok if he is typical. I'm afraid of AA-QQ here.

Easy river fold when SB raises.

Did you get caught in the middle of a raising war and fold the best hand? I hate when that happens, but without any reads I think you played it fine.

fish43 10-15-2005 06:16 PM

Raise the flop and turn. Drive out the draws.

River sucks, big pot, call/fold looks good.

10-15-2005 06:49 PM

Some players won't cap PF without QQ or better. If SB is loose, I like this hand better, but otherwise I'm playing it much more cautiously. I don't think TPTK is good here. At least the turn betting allowed you to see the river for one bet. Reads would help...

DavidC 10-15-2005 10:12 PM

When the SB caps PF, you lose a bit of a read on the CO.

No one's really challenged the CO yet, so he could have AA/KK/QQ/AK/KQ, with AK and KQ taking up a big part of this range.

The pot is big enough that you can't protect your hand at any point during the hand. Therefore three-betting this flop is best, for value and information.

River play seems pretty standard.

ChuckyB 10-15-2005 10:22 PM

The biggest thing for me is that you've got to raise the turn IMO. SB's check on the turn feels like AQ (could be a flush or AJs straight draw with 6 players). Who knows about the other three calling stations...but 2 bets could/should get them out.

If you raise the turn you make it 10.5:1 for SB to call...which would be enough to get a thinking player to fold. His ace would likely be no good (AK in someone's hand) so he'd have just two outs.

SB's check-raise on the river would be enough to get me out...too bad it came after you'd invested a bet. Kings up doesn't feel good here...unless you've got a donkey/maniac read on SB or CO.