Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How's my blind defense? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358290)

Duffman 10-15-2005 02:46 PM

How\'s my blind defense?

Just sat down so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

I figured since I 3-bet preflop, there is a good chance UI can take it down right here, and if I checked I would most certainly fold to a bet. Is this correct thinking?

Should I just fold preflop with no reads?

shant 10-15-2005 02:50 PM

Re: How\'s my blind defense?

Standard so far.

Duffman 10-15-2005 03:00 PM

Villain ended up folding.

What if I was 3-bet?

I'm thinking fold, because I don't want to play a guessing game of whether he has the K or not. Especially for a HU pot.

I'm sorry if these are basic questions, but I have no confidence in my blind play.

10-15-2005 03:19 PM

3 bet or fold from sb against a steal raise. i 3 bet hands like A8o QJo

bet the flop 100% after you 3 bet, even when you nail a big hand.

alul 10-15-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

shant 10-15-2005 04:30 PM

You shouldn't fold to a raise on the flop. You might be drawing dead, but it's more likely you have 6 outs or possibly the best hand.

Webster 10-16-2005 12:13 PM

I would fold to a raise on the flop - I tend to be weaker then most players but once my bluff is busted I'm outta here.

you proved you point and perhaps the next time the guy wants to raise to steal he will think differently.

My idea on blind defense is not to win but to send a message for the NEXT time.

I think calling a raise is a mistake. But - I'm rottin Heads up!

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG

TemetNosce 10-16-2005 12:24 PM

No, don't fold preflop. Three-bet preflop and leading out on the flop is good. You can win UI against a lot of opponents.

If raised on the flop, I wouldn't fold. You may still have the best hand and 6 outs if you don't and getting 10:1 to call the raise. Call the raise and reevaluate on the turn.

Getting raised on the flop does not mean your opponent has a King. If he did, he'd likely just call and wait until a later street to pop you so he can extract some bets from you.

BigBrother 10-16-2005 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, don't fold preflop. Three-bet preflop and leading out on the flop is good. You can win UI against a lot of opponents....

Getting raised on the flop does not mean your opponent has a King. If he did, he'd likely just call and wait until a later street to pop you so he can extract some bets from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog 10-16-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 bet or fold from sb against a steal raise. i 3 bet hands like A8o QJo

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter is a leak in my opinion. QJ has almost no UI showdown value. I really prefer hands with UI showdown value for 3-betting in blind defense.