Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   My WA/WB line! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357677)

bozlax 10-14-2005 03:04 PM

My WA/WB line!

Ok, so, forget that I posted BB + dead...a complete brain-fart.

Read: Villan is sLAG over 30 hands (high 20s/15+/3), but he's been running g00t. I haven't seen him get out of line with defending, either. I've been playing a pretty good TAG game (18/12/1.4), maybe stealing a bit too much.

How's my line? Should I have bet this flop?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

MrWookie47 10-14-2005 03:07 PM

Re: My WA/WB line!

I think you could almost check and fold this river. You're hoping for QQ. And TT. AT is a pretty remote possibility, buut non-zero, I suppose. Regardless, it takes a special kind of lag to bet that river with QQ on that board. If he bets, you're almost certainly losing.

milesdyson 10-14-2005 03:08 PM

god what a crappy flop. at first glance this is how i would play it. the only reason the river call is okay is because he might have AQ or ATs here. with his high aggression he may even bet QQ on the river.

btw that guy has vpip/pfr stats like me (not saying this positively means anything) - and if i saw you post your bb and dead and then raise an mp open limper, i would 3-bet ATs for sure, so we should allow it in his range.

edited to add: this isn't the best seat, either boz. just thought it worth mentioning.

istewart 10-14-2005 03:12 PM

Capping preflop seems like an option, but if he isn't defending much, maybe not.

Against this guy I don't mind your line all that much. I don't like folding if those numbers in any way reflect his play, and I feel like you're getting raised or 3-bet if you ever try to get crafty here.

lautzutao 10-14-2005 03:13 PM

This is almost the exact same hand I saw earlier in the week:) Given that's the case, how often can we be ahead reasoning villians 3-bet prerequesites?

I wouldn't have bet this flop. As far as the rest of the hand...I'd check call all the way down too. But you're probably donating more often than not.

Shillx 10-14-2005 03:16 PM

Are we winning this pot 25% of the time????

I say yes. This post is different then the other one so don't even start posting links about how I'm an inconsistant SOB. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

xenthebrain 10-14-2005 03:16 PM

I like it, since it's slighty more on the WB side.

I think with villian raising ~15% KQ and maybe KJs are also possible holdings of him. (though a little more unlikly than the others)

lautzutao 10-14-2005 03:20 PM

I have to go back and look at the earlier post in this situation, but that pot was flippin huge and you said fold it.

So yeah, I'm gonna need an explanation here[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

POKhER 10-14-2005 03:20 PM

We beat:AT, TT, QQ,

BET flop, call raise.
Fold turn UI?

i reckon we lose so often i want to fold the turn UI.

10-14-2005 03:23 PM

Perfect example of WA/WB. I think you have to call it down. Posting the BB+dead is alway suspect when you come out firing.

I call it down.