Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   HU AJ high top board card paired OOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357330)

thesharpie 10-14-2005 01:18 AM

HU AJ high top board card paired OOP

Villain is 70/50 over 20 hands or so, I haven't really seen him get out of line postflop like I'd expect someone with his stats to. He raised and capped PF then check folded a ragged flop OOP, he limp reraised from the SB HU against the BB with A4o, CC the flop and turn with A4 hi on a paired board and check raised LP made on the river. He's been (gay)betting quite a bit on the flop.

Is the turn check good? Any value in a river bet?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks

Stefan_K 10-14-2005 06:16 AM

Re: HU AJ high top board card paired OOP

i would have bet the turn. but if i hadn't i would have checked the river

mex78753 10-14-2005 07:01 AM

the bet on the turn is mandatory. Although i'm not sure I like the 3 bet in the bb. Ok as a change of pace though.

RodSerling 10-14-2005 07:08 AM

the wager on the turn is essential. Although... i'm not quite sure I dig the triple wager in the BB. Acceptable as a change of momentum though.

nolimitpro2005 10-14-2005 07:12 AM

full speed ahead. im betting every street.

but if i were an obnoxious, homophobic idiot i wouldn't 3 bet (unless i was mixing it up) and i'd bet the turn.

RodSerling 10-14-2005 07:20 AM

chockablock momentum progress

i'm wagering every avenue

but if i were an abominable, humpback cretin i wouldn't triple wager (unless i was lumping together) and i'd place a wager on the turn.

thesharpie 10-14-2005 07:41 AM

You guys calling down a turn raise?

Are y'all serious this isn't a 3 bet PF against a 70/50?

Spicymoose 10-14-2005 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
over 20 hands or so

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I probably 3-bet preflop, but be careful on yoru read. I lead the turn, and then get confused as hell if he raises. If the board was more coordinated, I would definetly call down, as he more likely could be semi-bluffing. Given this rather drawless board, I think I might fold.

thesharpie 10-14-2005 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
over 20 hands or so

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I probably 3-bet preflop, but be careful on yoru read.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's still 10 out of 20 hands he's raised PF, we can safely assume he's full of [censored], especially with the open limp reraise from the SB with A4o read. I'm even a favorite against my opening range from the HJ with AJs in the BB, and I'm only like 17% PFR.

deepsquat 10-14-2005 08:22 AM

hey man,

I would have prob played the same, this river is an easy check/call. I think the correct line is betting the turn here and id find it hard to fold to this guys turn raise.