Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I guess MLB had to create drama somehow... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356486)

whipsaw 10-12-2005 11:17 PM

I guess MLB had to create drama somehow...

Pissed that both Boston and New York are out of the ALCS, MLB has to create some drama somehow. I guess the umps handing the White Sox game 2 is how they drive viewers for the rest of this series. Unbelievable...

NajdorfDefense 10-12-2005 11:24 PM

Re: I guess MLB had to create drama somehow...

[ QUOTE ]
Pissed that both Boston and New York are out of the ALCS, MLB has to create some drama somehow. I guess the umps handing the White Sox game 2 is how they drive viewers for the rest of this series. Unbelievable...

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst call I've seen in pro sports ever. Absolutely the worst call. Ump was wrong, and he rung him up, twice. AJ Piers was walking off the field. Ridiculous.

It even turned my Angels +1.5 bet into a winner and I still think it was beyond awful.

Naj

deadm0ney 10-12-2005 11:29 PM

Angels got robbed big time. what a horrible call...

Angels hopefully win the series still

that ump must have a big bet on chicago

mother_brain 10-13-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It even turned my Angels +1.5 bet into a winner and I still think it was beyond awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

LAA is a mature team though, look for them to get it back next game out.

GrekeHaus 10-13-2005 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst call I've seen in pro sports ever. Absolutely the worst call. Ump was wrong, and he rung him up, twice. AJ Piers was walking off the field. Ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been two NBA games that I can think of that were worse, both involving the Lakers (one vs. Sac. and the other vs. Minn.). In those games, the officials made terrible call after terrible call. In this game there was only one, but it was pretty attrocious. Certainly the worst ever in baseball.

TheRover 10-13-2005 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Worst call I've seen in pro sports ever. Absolutely the worst call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaHero 10-13-2005 04:22 AM

I took the LAA moneyline. Wish I had took the spread.

Even still, I'm upset with this call. I was LITERALLY sick to my stomach. No, I didn't bet that much on the game, but to know it was decided on such an OBVIOUS missed call made me sick.

MyTurn2Raise 10-13-2005 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Worst call I've seen in pro sports ever. Absolutely the worst call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nope...The Tuck Rule...IT's taken me too long to come to the conclusion that the NFL just makes up rules as it goes. I saw 3 instant replays this weekend in the NFL that were just plain wrong. I saw almost as many in college. Very weird.

10-13-2005 05:05 AM

Bad call, def not worst call ever, but still a bad call. Although no matter what, still would have been extra innings. Can't say angels would have won without that call.

whipsaw 10-13-2005 09:26 AM

It's true we don't know who would have won, but the Angels shouldn't have to beat both the Sox and the umps to get a win--it's just a terrible way for a game to end.

On the bright side, it makes my prop for the series of Number of Games Decided by Horrible Ump Calls OVER 0.5 into a winner! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]