Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Most Americans Support Creationism (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355364)

Iplayboard 10-11-2005 02:34 PM

Most Americans Support Creationism

A story in the USA Today showed that 53% of Americans believe that the Earth was created exactly how it is described in the Bible.

I find it amazing that so many people can utterly ignore sound scientific research and data and pretend that evolution doesn't exist. My favorite quote from creationists is when they say that evidence of evolution is just "God's way of testing our faith."

I'd also like to note that there were 3 possible answers to this poll question about the origin of life.
1. Just like in Bible
2. Evolution but God had a major role in it
3. Evolution absent of a God

I personally hold Creationists in the same light that I would people in the 1500's who still thought the world was flat.

AngryCola 10-11-2005 02:37 PM

Re: Most Americans Support Creationism

Trainwreck

10-11-2005 03:17 PM

It never ceases to amaze me about the ignorance of so many and how powerful religion can be to cloud one's judgment.

HopeydaFish 10-11-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A story in the USA Today showed that 53% of Americans believe that the Earth was created exactly how it is described in the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they're called "Republicans".

Matty 10-11-2005 04:19 PM

A poll also came out today showing that the majority of Republicans still believe Saddam Hussein was personally involved in 9-11.

10-11-2005 04:38 PM

Has anyone heard of the study showing that people that watch the Daily Show know more about politics than those who watch Fox News? I think they also concluded that the more one watches Fox News, the less political answers they were able to answer correctly.

HopeydaFish 10-11-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A poll also came out today showing that the majority of Republicans still believe Saddam Hussein was personally involved in 9-11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please see my previous response. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

HtotheNootch 10-11-2005 05:49 PM

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

- H.L. Mencken

BCPVP 10-11-2005 05:54 PM

Congratulations! You are now an elitist! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Autocratic 10-11-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! You are now an elitist! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which can be separated from the non-elitist group, "conservatives who think they are correct."