Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is this a standard laydown with the nut flush? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354939)

xcrack999 10-10-2005 11:36 PM

Is this a standard laydown with the nut flush?

Villain is 46/2.5/1.7 after about 40 hands, so that probably doesn't mean much, but he hasn't done anything really stupid. Thanks for any and all comments.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($99.80)
Button ($75.35)
Hero ($99)
BB ($100)
UTG ($155.60)
MP ($357.17)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) completes</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero checks</font>, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3.8</font>, Button calls $3.80, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls $3.80</font>, BB folds.

Turn: ($15.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero checks</font>, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero calls $8</font>, UTG folds.

River: ($31.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, Button calls $62.55 (All-In)

gol4pro 10-10-2005 11:41 PM

Re: Is this a standard laydown with the nut flush?

Given his looseness, he's quite aggressive. His overall agression (VPIP*AG) is 70ish by my quick mental math. That's pretty damn high.

I'm pretty sure I call the river for 2+:1. You see K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or less often enough here. Complete air seems possible as well.

10-11-2005 12:13 AM

I'd probably call

I'd also lead the flop. If it get's raised, depending on who raised, I might 3-bet all in

If you just get called on the flop, I price myself in on the turn with about a half-pot bet

10-11-2005 12:18 AM

Check calling down is quite bad here I think. You're making it very hard for villain to make a mistake (though it looks like he managed anyway!)

By the river, you should call and hope he has something like KJ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. A set probably bets the turn harder, or checks behind for the free shot at a boat.

DWarrior 10-11-2005 12:29 AM

What's wrong with betting PF?

10-11-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks

10-11-2005 12:39 AM

Maybe I just suck at poker, but I can't see how you can fold it just because the board paired and he moved all in. Does the guy really have the full? Im pretty skeptical, although I might put him on trips for the river.

Also, it seems like people advocate heavily for folding with anything but the nuts when the opponent is aggressive.. doesn't this leave a hole in your game which is heavily exploitable by the opponents, not to mention too weak to be comforatable with?

xcrack999 10-11-2005 02:00 AM

I agree that it was very obvious that I was on a flush draw. (or a scared set) I think I screwed it up somewhere on the flop or the turn, but that's the reason I was so hesitant about calling the river. He has to know that I had a high flush or better and he still pushed. I don't think anyone at this level would try to bluff someone off an A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here? (or maybe I'm wrong) I thought for a while and called because I can never fold good hands, and he had 22. Maybe I'm just being too result-oriented here.

10-11-2005 02:12 AM

I think that its a clear fold. He's very likley to put you on a nutflush draw and he is probebly 100% shure when you bet into him on river so why call?

Allinlife 10-11-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

6 max I mix call/raise depending on game texture here.