Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Will NYY @ LAA move? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354703)

20Five 10-10-2005 05:42 PM

Will NYY @ LAA move?

Anyone thinking NYY (+100) will get any better?

I had locked into LAA to win the series at +172, and might be interested in hedging this one!

With 65% of public I dont see it happening, should I just hedge now? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

whipsaw 10-10-2005 05:46 PM

Re: Will NYY @ LAA move?

Best you can do is about +102 net (Matchbook), and that line has been moving in NYY's favor all day (I got them at +110), which is no surprise. Lines won't get any better for NYY, so if you want to hedge I would do it now.

20Five 10-10-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best you can do is about +102 net (Matchbook), and that line has been moving in NYY's favor all day (I got them at +110), which is no surprise. Lines won't get any better for NYY, so if you want to hedge I would do it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in.. I'll take the hedge.. had I felt this way earlier I would have got on with NYY+106 or 108 or something of that nature but I was too slow to react [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] +110 is nice, did you hedge yours as well?

gl tonight!

PS I almost hope NYY win so we can make more money of the ALCS [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

lastsamurai 10-10-2005 06:22 PM

It depends on how much you put on it. and if it would make a difference on your bankroll. If you just bet $100 to win $172 i would just have a beer and watch the game...

mrbaseball 10-10-2005 07:22 PM

If I was gonna hedge LAA (and I'm not!) I would bet NYY +1.5 and hope for a middle (LAA win by one) and maybe win both sides.

craig r 10-10-2005 07:27 PM

I don't see the point in hedging this bet. When you placed this bet, didn't you think there was a decent chance it would go 5 games. By hedging you are destroying your odds.

craig

whipsaw 10-10-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
+110 is nice, did you hedge yours as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Going against my normal strategy, I did hedge at +110 after I watched the Angels implode last night. I have no doubt in my mind that the Yanks will win tonight, absent Colon pitching a no hitter.

20Five 10-10-2005 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point in hedging this bet. When you placed this bet, didn't you think there was a decent chance it would go 5 games. By hedging you are destroying your odds.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

The same for any bet that is hedged.. Im happy with the profit turned from both AL series'..

Honestly, I didnt like the way Colon was hit earlier in the series, and have a bad feeling about this game 5.

GL to all [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

WLC4Ever 10-10-2005 08:39 PM

Good Call on Colon, things are looking up for NYY

20Five 10-10-2005 08:43 PM

Colon taken out with the back injury.

Hedge suddenly looks a little smarter [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]