Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   RB at party is worthless. Why does everybody care? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353976)

theben 10-09-2005 04:45 PM

RB at party is worthless. Why does everybody care?

I dont see why everybody is making such a huge friggin deal about possibly getting RB at party itself. Almost 100% of people who were at the other skins (EP, euro, multi and whatever else gave RB) switched to those skins from party. So basically everybody has had a party account. RB is a lure for new accounts and supposedly, old accounts just dont get RB. I'd wager basically everybody here has a party account, so RB should be totally worthless. What am i missing here?

2+2 wannabe 10-09-2005 04:50 PM

Re: RB at party is worthless. Why does everybody care?

I'm no expert - but the idea's been bounced around that existing account holders would be able to receive it

10-09-2005 04:51 PM

If your account is idle for sometime or closed that is one way around it. I signed up for rakeback through pso back when they offered it. Then they stopped tracking it or whatever so i didnt play there. Now that individual tracking is available again maybe my old rakeback account will be good again.

Also im sure plenty of people that live with a roommate or brother or father or whatever are just going to signup new accounts. To much money at stake for high volume players.

theben 10-09-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert - but the idea's been bounced around that existing account holders would be able to receive it

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know where this rumor has been circulating?

10-09-2005 05:05 PM

i don't think you can make a new rakeback account, even if your old PP account has been closed. you need to make an entirely new account, with new contact info and new email, on a clean comp. and find an affiliate of course.

theben 10-09-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think you can make a new rakeback account, even if your old PP account has been closed. you need to make an entirely new account, with new contact info and new email, on a clean comp. and find an affiliate of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

this has always been my impression of it. . . . im very confused

2+2 wannabe 10-09-2005 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

do you know where this rumor has been circulating?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's been mentioned by many affiliates (reputable ones) within the numerous threads already on the topic

10-09-2005 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not that difficult, I have more than one phone#, I have more than one Email acct., I have more than one address,I can access more than one computer. And I'm not that special.

10-09-2005 05:28 PM

i agree, my first empire account was not RB, so i had to make a new one entirely, not a big deal. And the affiliates are still working out the details for dormant accounts qualifying for rake back. Gotta wait for the dust to clear

gr8vertical 10-09-2005 06:31 PM

Uh, people care because playing at Party w/out rakeback if you can get it is like flushing money down the toilet