Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   That was a pretty shocking refereeing performance. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353149)

partygirluk 10-08-2005 01:08 PM

That was a pretty shocking refereeing performance.

One of the worst in my memory. Guy should have his wages docked.

10-08-2005 01:25 PM

Re: That was a pretty shocking refereeing performance.

Are we supposed to know what you are talking about?

wrongarm300 10-08-2005 01:46 PM

Oh come on, you know that one game where that one ref missed that call? Don't act like you didn't see that game

Hal 2000 10-08-2005 03:33 PM

Probably this

imported_CaseClosed326 10-08-2005 04:56 PM

Or this

jstnrgrs 10-08-2005 05:39 PM

From what I've seen, scooer officiation is absoutly horrible. Much worse than anything I've seen here in America (not counting basketball, because basketball is stupid).

HajiShirazu 10-09-2005 06:30 AM

The nature of soccer makes it very difficult to officiate. Those guys have to be in great shape to do their jobs. I agree there are more bad calls than just about any other sport, but most of it is because they don't get a very good view of the action like we do.
I think plate umpires in baseball are the worst, and I don't think they should even exist in today's day and age. Everybody complained about that questec or whatever it was, simply because it called the strike zone according to the rules instead of sucking or altering it based on personal preference. I think that's pretty funny.

brendons31 10-09-2005 11:27 AM

Are you talking about the Canterbury vs Auckland Ranfurly shield game???

jstnrgrs 10-10-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The nature of soccer makes it very difficult to officiate. Those guys have to be in great shape to do their jobs. I agree there are more bad calls than just about any other sport, but most of it is because they don't get a very good view of the action like we do.
I think plate umpires in baseball are the worst, and I don't think they should even exist in today's day and age. Everybody complained about that questec or whatever it was, simply because it called the strike zone according to the rules instead of sucking or altering it based on personal preference. I think that's pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soccer officiating could be drastically improved but having three of four referees, so that it would be more likely that someone would get a good view of the action.

I agree that balls and strikes should be called electronically.

Colonel Kataffy 10-10-2005 01:43 AM

Or this