Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Running Bad Competition (NC) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352793)

gh9801 10-07-2005 08:28 PM

The Running Bad Competition (NC)

My skid at 5/10 ring started on September 30th. Since then I've recovered, fell again, repeat, etc. Now it has hit 250BB over 8k hands. In my session today I ran at 29% WTSD and 25% W$SD. I'm not tilting, I'm just feeling powerless and depressed. I don't feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Reply with worse downswings that you've had. Make me feel better.

Harv72b 10-07-2005 09:05 PM

Re: The Running Bad Competition (NC)

I've had worse. I did recover.

FWIW, I was sitting at a table with you for a little while today. Aside from one blind steal attempt that I'll call "ill-conceived", I didn't see anything that I'd have done differently.

private joker 10-07-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I was sitting at a table with you for a little while today.... I didn't see anything that I'd have done differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yeah, sorry about that 99 vs. AA hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Harv72b 10-07-2005 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I was sitting at a table with you for a little while today.... I didn't see anything that I'd have done differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yeah, sorry about that 99 vs. AA hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really need to work more on table selection.

private joker 10-07-2005 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I really need to work more on table selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

You took off shortly after I sat down. I think you're doing fine. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

callydrias 10-07-2005 09:36 PM

+350BBs in 3 days between 3/6 online and 6/12 live in June. I recovered and haven't looked back.

Cumulonimbus 10-07-2005 09:51 PM

How do you guys all know eachothers table names? I'd like to know who I'm playing with sometimes.

DrewOnTilt 10-07-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My skid at 5/10 ring started on September 30th. Since then I've recovered, fell again, repeat, etc. Now it has hit 250BB over 8k hands. In my session today I ran at 29% WTSD and 25% W$SD. I'm not tilting, I'm just feeling powerless and depressed. I don't feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Reply with worse downswings that you've had. Make me feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm on a 6-week bust even over IDontCareToImagineHowManyHands stretch.

I'll take the weeklong 250BB slide any day over this [censored].

SeaEagle 10-07-2005 10:33 PM

I had a 3 month period starting in May where I lost 450BBs. I still don't have it all back.

Prior to that, I was 2+BB/100 at every level below 15/30 (1.6BB/100 there) over a total of almost 250K hands.

During the downswing I kept dropping levels and still losing. Eventually I got to 3/6 and was still only breaking even and began to think that I'd just been on a 250K hand hot streak and that I really wasn't a very good player. And then, boom, one day a it just kinda turned around and I've been steadily winning ever since.

For me, it was a good lesson in just how long the "long run" is in poker.

Bluffoon 10-07-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a 3 month period starting in May where I lost 450BBs. I still don't have it all back.

Prior to that, I was 2+BB/100 at every level below 15/30 (1.6BB/100 there) over a total of almost 250K hands.

During the downswing I kept dropping levels and still losing. Eventually I got to 3/6 and was still only breaking even and began to think that I'd just been on a 250K hand hot streak and that I really wasn't a very good player. And then, boom, one day a it just kinda turned around and I've been steadily winning ever since.

For me, it was a good lesson in just how long the "long run" is in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this sounds like me lately. I have had plenty of downswings but never one that has lasted as long as this current bull [censored]. If I start winning I'll never complain about another bad run again.

Argh just flopped another [censored] set of aces and lost Somebody [censored] shoot me