Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Crazy hand huge pot, spewing? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352583)

jph0424 10-07-2005 03:00 PM

Crazy hand huge pot, spewing?

SB is 35/26/2.7 300 hands, CO is 43/9/1.45 500 hands

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero raises</font>, CO calls, 1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB 3-bets</font>, Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, BB raises</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, SB caps</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (30 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
SB bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB 3-bets</font>,Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 42 BB

Spewing? In hindsight i probably should have only called the three bet on the river, or maybe slowed down sooner? I just could not believe he would have called preflop cap with 43, and could see him playing a set the same way (yeah that aggressive). Plus I had another player calling down with us.

callydrias 10-07-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Crazy hand huge pot, spewing?

43s can only be made 4 ways, plus maybe a discounted 2-3 ways for calling with 43o. On the other hand, there are 9 ways he could have flopped a set.

CO was completely passive the whole way. I don't think anyone with af of 1.45 would not bet the nuts at any point in the hand.

As long as SB would play a set as aggressively, even after seeing the A and Q fall, then you have huge equity w/ CO tagging along. Nice hand.

kidcolin 10-07-2005 03:18 PM

I think that's the biggest limit hold 'em pot of all time. Damn the board for not pairing!

obsidian 10-07-2005 03:19 PM

I guess there is a time where you need to give the SB credit for 34 (probably suited), but it is hard to put 34 in a 35 VPIP's range of hands. This looks more like 55 or 66 as those would have a better chance of being in his range. I guess his 23 PFR means he would be more likely to 3-bet with those though. Maybe the river 3-bet is a good time to call.

StellarWind 10-07-2005 03:41 PM

You cap preflop (premium hand), 3-bet the flop checkraise (overpair), and 3-bet the turn after the ace hits (AA).

Now SB has bet-3bet the river. You have three choices:

1. He is a complete idiot.

2. He thinks you are a complete idiot.

3. He called 1.3 bets cold preflop from the SB with 43s and then called again when you guys capped.

I don't see what's so unbelievable about a 35% PFR calling with suited connectors. Unless you have some reason to believe he's lost it I would just call the 3-bet and ensure my overcall.