Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   McNabb (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352163)

sammysusar 10-06-2005 10:54 PM

McNabb

Found ways to win with crappy receivers. Finally put up huge numbers when he finally got a talented receiver. In alot of way could probably step into any situation and win in the league. His only superior in this category is vick. yeah manning and brady would eventually win with alot of teams. but i think these two guys would have alot more trouble overcoming these problems than mcsnab.

10-06-2005 11:00 PM

Re: McNabb

[ QUOTE ]
Found ways to win with crappy receivers. Finally put up huge numbers when he finally got a talented receiver. In alot of way could probably step into any situation and win in the league. His only superior in this category is vick. yeah manning and brady would eventually win with alot of teams. but i think these two guys would have alot more trouble overcoming these problems than mcsnab.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do u mean that vick would be superior at winning in any situation in the league? If so, you are wrong because vick's only above average aspect is his feet, and any new team he joined would take a while to get used to him moving so much. Not to mention the fact that mcnabb is way better than him.

sammysusar 10-06-2005 11:05 PM

i dont know want to argue about vick (people get angry about that). my only point on vick is that if you put him on san fran they would probably go 8 - 8 this yr. i dont think any other qb could win with that team. but if you wanted to win the bowl you would go with mcnabb.
yeah vick's only real strength is his running ability. but its such an amazing strength it trumps his poor throwing. a real good, well coached defense can stop vick if hes not completing passes i agree but he is going to destroy the average nfl defense and he could run for alot more yds than he does if he carried it more.

Ronald White 10-07-2005 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know want to argue about vick (people get angry about that). my only point on vick is that if you put him on san fran they would probably go 8 - 8 this yr. i dont think any other qb could win with that team. but if you wanted to win the bowl you would go with mcnabb.
yeah vick's only real strength is his running ability. but its such an amazing strength it trumps his poor throwing. a real good, well coached defense can stop vick if hes not completing passes i agree but he is going to destroy the average nfl defense and he could run for alot more yds than he does if he carried it more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vick is just a faster version of Jeff George.

TheRover 10-07-2005 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf. Please explain.

Clarkmeister 10-07-2005 03:29 AM

Did you watch him in week 1? Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

brettbrettr 10-07-2005 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His only superior in this category is vick.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about running QBs then they're not in the same category. McNabb just isn't much of a runner anymore.

brettbrettr 10-07-2005 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you watch him in week 1? Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample size.

holeplug 10-07-2005 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because it probably felt like someone was stabbing him in the chest with a knife everytime he threw the football.

Bulldog 10-07-2005 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff George had (has?) a strong arm.