Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Play a hand against me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=351865)

ggbman 10-06-2005 03:10 PM

Play a hand against me

Some of you have played with me and know my tendancies, others have not. If you have never played with me, just assume i am a reasonably solid player who you respect (I know i'm pushing it!) We're at a 30-60 table, and there is a poster behind you.

I open-raise UTG+2, you CC in the CO. The poster calls, both blinds fold. Flop is

Qh 9s 4s

Bet, call, fold.

Turn is the Qs

bet, call

River is the 7d

I check...What hands are you betting here, either for value or as a bluff? (i.e, you might nto bet any ace high, but any worse hand you would since it has no showdown value etc...)

tongni 10-06-2005 03:15 PM

Re: Play a hand against me

I bet almost every hand I made it to the river with, be it for value or as a bluff.

Paluka 10-06-2005 03:20 PM

I bet, but only because I have AQ or 99.

Jeffage 10-06-2005 03:23 PM

Value: Any two pair (most of the time)

Bluff: I guess J10 but I probably would have raised at some point.

Jeff

mc1023 10-06-2005 03:28 PM

I can't see myself getting to this river by just calling on that kind of board without a made hand. Nonetheless AJ or better I'm betting here.

DpR 10-06-2005 03:30 PM

For me the answer is none. The only hand I could possible have here given the action is J10s, with which I would not bluff this river. Every other hand I could possibly call I would have raised already prior to the river.

Had the pot been HU, there is not a single hand that I could have that I would play that way to the river.

Dominic 10-06-2005 03:37 PM

after you check the river, I'm probably betting with as little as two baseball cards.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

mikeyworm 10-06-2005 03:41 PM

just wondering, but how can you be in the CO with a poster behind you? oh, and i bet any two as a bluff here and expect you to call with AJ or better.

ggbman 10-06-2005 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For me the answer is none. The only hand I could possible have here given the action is J10s, with which I would not bluff this river. Every other hand I could possibly call I would have raised already prior to the river.

Had the pot been HU, there is not a single hand that I could have that I would play that way to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you would value bet a jack high flush though right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ggbman 10-06-2005 03:44 PM

Your right I effed up, you are the Hi-Jack, CO posted.