Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Calvin and Hobbes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350783)

whiskeytown 10-05-2005 02:30 AM

Calvin and Hobbes

There's a 10th anniversary edition coming out - one giant book with ALL the cartoons in it -

a great 4 page interview over at MSNBC.com - the artist was a recluse of sorts who fought ALL marketing and didn't return Speilberg's calls in 1988. The stickers you see on backs of trucks with Calvin peeing on something are rip offs. It does now occur to me you never saw a live cartoon, stuffed figure or anything. Hardly any pictures of Bill Watterson at all - and he's 47 now, so he was young when he did those.

In my honest opinion (though I won't create a poll for it), I believe it's the greatest comic strip America has ever produced.

I'm buying this book...and I"m gonna laugh my ass off for a month at Spaceman Spiff....

RB

Salerosa 10-05-2005 02:33 AM

Re: Calvin and Hobbes

[ QUOTE ]

In my honest opinion (though I won't create a poll for it), I believe it's the greatest comic strip America has ever produced.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%.

ThaSaltCracka 10-05-2005 02:35 AM

Yeah it is probably the best strip of all time, Far Side being my close second. I have most of his books already, stuff like The Essential Sunday Collection, and various other ones. I use to color the strips in the books when I was younger. It was so funny when I was kid, and the best part is, when I read it now, it is still funny, but in a different way. I was actually quite sad when he said he was stopping the strip.

MCS 10-05-2005 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam Watterson

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, not Sam.

I love Calvin and Hobbes.

goofball 10-05-2005 02:38 AM

Calvin and Hobbes is number one, Far Side is number 2. Everything else is very very far behind.

10-05-2005 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
Life in Hell is my favorite.

"Do you have any Tshirts with Calvin peeing on Hobbes?"

yellowjack 10-05-2005 02:40 AM

Definitely my vote for best of all time. The guy, at age 28 had more imagination than me at age 10. I hadn't even gotten into cards yet.

It's amazing that Bill Watterson gave up all the EV of future products, etc. just to live comfortably with few people knowing who he is.

whiskeytown 10-05-2005 02:40 AM

Bill Watterson

Sam is the actor from Law and Order - I'm a numbnut

I fixed it in the original post.

RB

imported_CaseClosed326 10-05-2005 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calvin and Hobbes is number one, Far Side is number 2. Everything else is very very far behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

yellowjack 10-05-2005 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clicked your post thinking you were a gimmick account. In any case it's too late for one now.