Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What do you think about raising this turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350207)

QTip 10-04-2005 10:55 AM

What do you think about raising this turn?

MP is loose and fairly aggressive

UTG is semi-loose and fairly aggressive

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero ?

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 11:02 AM

Re: What do you think about raising this turn?

I did this very move yesterday night. Unless you're unlucky and villain flopped a set, you wont get re-raised. The move is nice because while raising the turn won't win you the pot if you're behind, it will: (a) get you to showdown for the same price as check-calling, and (b) give you the opportunity for a value bet/raise if you draw out.

krishanleong 10-04-2005 11:02 AM

I don't like it much.

Why did you relinquish the lead on the flop?

Krishan - 86

DMBFan23 10-04-2005 11:04 AM

no flop bet?

I probably would not raise the turn, it just seems like MP has a pair of something after the action on the flop + turn. the flow of the hand is weird though cause I'm used to seeing the flop bet.

QTip 10-04-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you relinquish the lead on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok..

Why am I betting this flop? And if you do bet the flop, are you betting a turn blank if they both call?

Great day of learning for me here today....thanks.

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 11:18 AM

If you raise the flop, do you bet the turn and check behind on the river UI? I think you get c/red a reasonable number of times on the turn when you do that. OTOH, maybe I raise this flop also--it's certainly not out of line. Recently, I've taken to a lot more "delayed aggression" tactics, since flop raises are way more suspect. Which is why I liked your HU play in the other thread a lot against a TAG.

krishanleong 10-04-2005 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ok..

Why am I betting this flop? And if you do bet the flop, are you betting a turn blank if they both call?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are betting this flop for value. If they both call, it depends on read as to whether I bet or check but I most likely check. If I picked up a gutshot like you did in this hand, I definitely call. Otherwise I probably call.

Anything in this can change based on reads.

Krishan - 88

Lost Wages 10-04-2005 11:21 AM

I don't see any value in raising the turn. MP has a pair that he will never fold and UTG isn't folding anything that you want to fold.

I'd bet the non-scary flop against just 2 opponents.

Lost Wages

krishanleong 10-04-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the flop, do you bet the turn and check behind on the river UI? I think you get c/red a reasonable number of times on the turn when you do that. OTOH, maybe I raise this flop also--it's certainly not out of line. Recently, I've taken to a lot more "delayed aggression" tactics, since flop raises are way more suspect. Which is why I liked your HU play in the other thread a lot against a TAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm advocating a bet on the flop. I'm not sure what you are asking.

Krishan

Derek in NYC 10-04-2005 11:40 AM

Oops, I read this whole hand wrong, and thought he was on the button and had last action.

I would change my response. I would bet the flop and the turn, and call a raise on the turn.

I wouldn't c/r the turn with the overs and the gutshot.