Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Rebluff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349022)

BoxTree 10-02-2005 08:36 PM

The Rebluff

Commerce 20/40 live, 9-handed

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO.

Five folds, Hero raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop (2 players, 4 sb): T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn (2 players, 2 bb): 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, Hero bets, BB check-raises, Hero 3-bets...

I figured there was at least a 25% chance that he was bluff-check-raising, so my rebluff seemed reasonable.

Is this just spewage?

Notes on Villain: I had seen him make one tricky move in the six hands I had played with him at that point.

private joker 10-02-2005 08:38 PM

Re: The Rebluff

Why not bet the flop?

BoxTree 10-03-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

So I can 3-bet the turn and pretend I have TT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-03-2005 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

So I can 3-bet the turn and pretend I have TT. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You definitely shouldve bet the flop but given the fact that you didnt, it definitely looks like youre being checkraised bluffed here, but before you try to bluffraise his bluff you still must ask yourself..is this opponent capable of checkraise bluffing the turn? If he is then I think your read is correct and a 3 bet looks fine. If youre 3 bet is called, you will have to bet the river no matter what card hits except the Jack of diamonds and the six of diamonds, since the pot will be big enough to justify another bet in the hopes that the villain was drawing.

BoxTree 10-03-2005 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You definitely shouldve bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I entirely disagree. Most of the time I bet this flop. Some of the time I fold to any bet. And a very thin portion of the time I consider the rebluff. I felt that this was the time to bet the turn and follow through with a rebluff. (If he has a seven or a ten, oh well. And yes, I bet the river if a brick falls. He could very well be semibluff c/r'ing the turn on a draw.)

brettbrettr 10-03-2005 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt that this was the time to bet the turn and follow through with a rebluff. (If he has a seven or a ten, oh well. And yes, I bet the river if a brick falls. He could very well be semibluff c/r'ing the turn on a draw.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just like to point out how expensive I think this is. That's all.

brettbrettr 10-03-2005 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the time I bet this flop. Some of the time I fold to any bet. And a very thin portion of the time I consider the rebluff. I felt that this was the time to bet the turn and follow through with a rebluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You knew looking at the flop that he'd check the flop *and* the turn?

OnkelHotte 10-03-2005 10:10 AM

hello guys? FOLD PREFLOP! K9o sucks as hell for a steal from CO!

Barry 10-03-2005 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hello guys? FOLD PREFLOP! K9o sucks as hell for a steal from CO!

[/ QUOTE ].

You're kidding right? This is an easy open raise from the CO against most blinds.

OnkelHotte 10-03-2005 10:54 AM

I am not! On the button I would consider raising, but from CO this is -EV.