Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I feel like posting this, because I messed it up so bad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=348628)

xorbie 10-02-2005 04:13 AM

I feel like posting this, because I messed it up so bad

Ok, same lag table as my other post, but prior to it. I have K8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. I have abaout $180, villain covers whole table in SB. Villain has pretty fishy stats, something like 60/7. He's more reasonable than that postflop from what I can tell though, bit on the calling side. I've been raising a lot, betting at flops a lot, etc.

Table folds to villain in SB, he completes. I raise to $4 with K8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], villain calls.

Flop ($8):J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I check. He's likely drawing dead, I think he folds most crappy one pair hands so I figure if I wanna win a medium pot, this is the way to do it.

Turn ($8): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

This is a great turn, completes a ton of straights, two pairs etc. Villain checks, I bet $7. Villain minraises to $14. Ok, I know I'm in business now. Earlier in my poker days, I would have smooth called here. Now I know a little better, so I raise to $40. Villain makes it somewhere in the vicinity of $90. I call!?!?!?!?!?!??!

River ($180): J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Worst river ever. Villain checks, I cry, check and kiss goodbye to $90.

FreakDaddy 10-02-2005 04:25 AM

Re: I feel like posting this, because I messed it up so bad

I'm hard pressed to figure out what hand villian checks on the river that beats you here. He flopped the nut flush and was scared of the paired board?

I don't think you messed it up. HU's it's acceptable to check this flop and see if you can induce some action on the turn. I'm not really sure where you feel you messed up?

xorbie 10-02-2005 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hard pressed to figure out what hand villian checks on the river that beats you here. He flopped the nut flush and was scared of the paired board?

I don't think you messed it up. HU's it's acceptable to check this flop and see if you can induce some action on the turn. I'm not really sure where you feel you messed up?

[/ QUOTE ]

The $90 I'm kissing goodbye is the $90 left in my stack that should be in the middle.

whittiphil 10-02-2005 04:45 AM

I think you push that turn after the rereraise... but yeah, you already knew this.

orange 10-02-2005 05:47 AM

How often do you make a continuation bet after a PFR? If you do this nearly 100%, why not bet here on the flop?

mason55 10-02-2005 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you push that turn after the rereraise... but yeah, you already knew this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeknom58 10-02-2005 07:14 AM

He's not folding anything on the turn but he might fold something on the river so I'm not sure what you were thinking.