Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Cell Phone Answering (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347865)

09-30-2005 07:17 PM

Cell Phone Answering

Am I the only person who doesn't answer any calls from a number that isn't already programmed into my phone? If you aren't in there, screw it you have to leave a message and I'll call you back if I feel like it. If you're important enough to talk to, then how come you aren't already in my phone!

JoshuaD 09-30-2005 07:18 PM

Re: Cell Phone Answering

It depends, but I probably only answer 50% of the calls from people I don't know.

captZEEbo1 09-30-2005 07:20 PM

so far most of the calls from people I didn't know have been wrong numbers

haakee 09-30-2005 07:21 PM

I do the same, unless I'm expecting a call from somebody whose number I don't know. [censored] 'em.

Tron 09-30-2005 07:29 PM

I used to be able to answer any which phone call, but I can't do that any more because I girl that I very much don't want to talk to has gotten crafty and started using other people's phones (from numerous area codes, no less) to call me.

runner4life7 09-30-2005 07:32 PM

I answer because i have no friends and it could be anyone. Although usually it is a stupid company or a wrong number...oh well

James Boston 09-30-2005 07:35 PM

I use mine for business, so I kind of need to answer.

private joker 09-30-2005 08:11 PM

Here's two complaints I have:

1) When someone leaves a voice mail and tells you what time they're calling. Dude, all cell phones record what time the message was left. Stop wasting my time and get to the point of why you called.

2) People's outgoing messages that just say: "Hi, you've reached (917) 934-8777." I know I've reached that number. It's the number I dialed. What would help, if you're so concerned that I may have dialed the wrong number, would be if you SAID YOUR GODDAMMNED NAME! I dialed (917) 934-8777 because I was looking for Mark. All you've done is repeat the number I just entered. I need more information -- like if this is Mark's phone or not! Tell me your goddamn name. Then I'll know if I have the right number. Jesus Christ, that pisses me off.

BoxTree, I'm looking at you.

MarkSummers 09-30-2005 08:36 PM

What do you guys do when your friend calls your cell phone and in the caller ID it shows up as "jon" or "fred" or whatever. Saying "hello?" is kinda stupid because you already know who it is. But hello has been the standard phone answer forever.

I mean, they know that they're calling you and you know that they know they see their name show up on your phone. Why say "hello?"

Personally, I say "hello?" sometimes but many others I'll just say, "what's up _______" or something like that.

BusterStacks 09-30-2005 09:00 PM

I answer calls from number I don't know. It's like unwrapping a christmas present that's probably going to suck!