Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   OT: Climbing Mountains (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347641)

Cassidy 09-30-2005 12:40 PM

OT: Climbing Mountains

Does anyone else ever look at their journey through the ups and downs of SnG's as an analogy in an effort to try and put a completely different perspective on the game?

For me, SnG's are like climbing a mountain.

You can see the peak way off in the distance shrouded in mist never quite knowing if you will ever reach the summit.

Some days the sun shines and the way seems clear, you make steady progress and the summit beckons.

Other days, you find yourself in the midst of a storm, wandering in circles, annoyingly ending up back where you started.

Worse, at times you take a fall, stumble into a crevasse or get swept away in an avalanche and wind up back where you were a month ago, the summit seemingly elusive and unattainable.

Anyone else?

skipperbob 09-30-2005 01:29 PM

Re: OT: Climbing Mountains

For Me ....TenBoche Monastery is the *STTF-HUC-II* and free drinks in Vegy are the Dud-Kosa

jeffraider 09-30-2005 01:33 PM

I look at playing SNGs like masturbating. Sometimes it goes okay but mostly each attempt is met with failure and tears.

09-30-2005 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I look at playing SNGs like masturbating. Sometimes it goes okay but mostly each attempt is met with failure and tears.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

EDIT: Oh and cassidy, that's a pretty good analogy or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

benfranklin 09-30-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For me, SnG's are like climbing a mountain.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, SnGs are like a box of chocolates.

The Yugoslavian 09-30-2005 03:59 PM

I feel STTs are like driving through traffic. It's all about just finding the flow and not forcing anything for optimal performance. Sometimes you gotta slow down abruptly but generally you're darting in and out of traffic, finding your spots and pwning fools righ tand left. Being in the moment is key and looking out of your window to check out hot chicks is mandatory, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

Freudian 09-30-2005 04:03 PM

Continuing the analogy.

Sometimes you have to make a basecamp to be able to attack the peaks.

bluefeet 09-30-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel STTs are like driving through traffic. It's all about just finding the flow and not forcing anything for optimal performance. Sometimes you gotta slow down abruptly but generally you're darting in and out of traffic, finding your spots and pwning fools righ tand left. Being in the moment is key and looking out of your window to check out hot chicks is mandatory, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Yug!! I like that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Had to push KTo UTG 6-handed last night...(nice to get a new car every time you fire up another one!)

http://www.nmrc.org/~thegnome/carwre...avy-rescue.jpg

09-30-2005 04:25 PM

Or strap yourself on a rocket and hope for the best =P.

To continue more with the analogy, my philosophy is to never look up and never look down. Indulge in the present and take every step with caution.

MegaBet 09-30-2005 04:30 PM

I see it as more like a marathon. Sometimes you trip and fall and the fall slows you down, or the injury from the fall lingers for a while. Sometimes you take a wrong turn and after more running, wind up in the same place. Sometimes you get a burst of energy and run faster than you thought you could. One things' for sure - only the strong-minded and high stamina individuals will do well in this race.