Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Something very strange...... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347341)

09-30-2005 12:23 AM

Something very strange......

I was playing .1./.2 on paradise poker and then moved up(for the first time) to .25/.5 and the first hand i got was AA. It was strange, I kept getting great hands, it almost felt like I was getting good hand because I moved up my limit. Anyone else get this kinda feeling at all? or am I just really stupid and dont know what the hell im talking about(in thinking a site could ever possibly be rigged)

adamstewart 09-30-2005 12:29 AM

Re: Something very strange......

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing .1./.2 on paradise poker and then moved up(for the first time) to .25/.5 and the first hand i got was AA. It was strange, I kept getting great hands, it almost felt like I was getting good hand because I moved up my limit. Anyone else get this kinda feeling at all? or am I just really stupid and dont know what the hell im talking about(in thinking a site could ever possibly be rigged)

[/ QUOTE ]

As soon as you move up to a higher limit, Paradise (like most poker sites) switches you from "Losing Mode" to "Winning Mode" ... at least for the short term. These 'modes' are internal ratings/programs that affect what hands you're dealt, how often you complete your draws, and how often you suck out on others.

This way, you'll get hooked and contribute more rake. But sooner or later (usually after a cashout) they'll switch you back to "Losing" or "Breakeven" mode so that you'll be contributing to the 'fish' so as to keep them alive long enough to suck all the rake out of them too.

Sucks, eh?

Adam

Beavis68 09-30-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
or am I just really stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be on to something here.

J_B 09-30-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or am I just really stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may be on to something here.

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH!

A_Junglen 09-30-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you write a book. What you have here is a very captivating story of the highs and lows of gambling.

jman220 09-30-2005 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Y

O

U

S

H

O

U

L

D

S

E

R

I

O

U

S

L

Y

C

O

N

S

I

D

E

R

K

I

L

L

I

N

G

Y

O

U

R

S

E

L

F

SoftcoreRevolt 09-30-2005 02:11 AM

Yeah, as has been said, you are in Confidence Mode right now, just wait til you get to Distribution mode and Paradise will
http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/4493/aberape7bf.jpg
you.

09-30-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This way, you'll get hooked and contribute more rake. But sooner or later (usually after a cashout) they'll switch you back to "Losing" or "Breakeven" mode so that you'll be contributing to the 'fish' so as to keep them alive long enough to suck all the rake out of them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact same thing happened to me. I got switched into losing mode just for thinking about cashing out.

tonypaladino 09-30-2005 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definatly in "win" mode after moving up limits. What you need to do is wait till you start losing, that means you are in "distribution" mode. At this point, move up limits, you will be reset to "win" at the higher limits. Now, you can figure out from last time about how much time you have before you get switched to Distribution at this limit. Move up again before the switch. Once you get to the highest limits, switch sites and start over.

09-30-2005 06:22 AM

u guys have problems