Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   worst. river. ever. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347290)

bakku 09-29-2005 11:01 PM

worst. river. ever.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

BB has TAG stats and seems to play well, but only been a couple orbits so far
UTG is loose passive
MP unknown

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero?

what to do?

baronzeus 09-29-2005 11:05 PM

Re: worst. river. ever.

check/fold unless it goes bet fold fold to you

scotty34 09-29-2005 11:08 PM

Check and see what unfolds.

Catt 09-29-2005 11:09 PM

Check and probably fold. Any caller of a bet and fold. A lone bet and perhaps call. Usually fold.

B Dids 09-29-2005 11:11 PM

Move up to a limit where these fish fold?

If somebody bet and I was going to be the only caller, the pot is kinda large...

bakku 09-29-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lone bet and perhaps call. Usually fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean it depends on who is betting?

bakku 09-29-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move up to a limit where these fish fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dabble in 10/20 6m too!

[ QUOTE ]
If somebody bet and I was going to be the only caller, the pot is kinda large...

[/ QUOTE ]

does it matter who bets?

baronzeus 09-29-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

Catt 09-29-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I call BB's bet if the others fold; he has a bunch of overpairs in addition to the possible A, and a TAG is likely to interpret the check as an opportunity to win the pot by representing an A even when he doesn't have it. I never call the LPP in MP or the unknown who 3-bet for a freecard on the flop.

bakku 09-30-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I call BB's bet if the others fold; he has a bunch of overpairs in addition to the possible A, and a TAG is likely to interpret the check as an opportunity to win the pot by representing an A even when he doesn't have it. I never call the LPP in MP or the unknown who 3-bet for a freecard on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with what you wrote about the BB (especially since he's still relatively unknown to me) and the loose passive, but i disagree with the unknown. i think he has a made hand on the flop or a 3 often enough to call if he bets.

no one has anything to say about betting the river?