Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Oh the shame.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345500)

benkath1 09-27-2005 02:20 PM

Oh the shame....

SB was 17/10, not too agg not too pass. UTG+2 about the same.

I think I had gutshot odds the whole way, but the turn I hated. Is it worth a bet? If I'm check raised is it worth a call? If the river is a brick, wtf do I do.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ????

deception5 09-27-2005 02:34 PM

Re: Oh the shame....

At this point SB's most likely hand looks like 99-JJ. And UTG+2 looks like a missed ace trying to thin the field or a similar pair afraid of a higher one. I think there's a good chance you have the best hand now so I would bet. This isn't a good board for SB to be check/raising even if he has a set of queens. I would also bet the river, but it depends what kind of response your bet receives.

That being said, I wouldn't overestimate the gutshot, there's a good chance you'll split with it or lose to 66, A6s, 76s, etc, depending on your reads of MP1/MP2.

09-27-2005 03:45 PM

SB is acting like he was pumping an OESD on flop. I'd shell out a bet here. Even if check-raised... with the pot that huge, you can't fold your gutshot and TPTK on the turn. As long as the river isn't a 6 and it's only one bet to me, I'd definitely call the river.

edit: wait... SB 3-bet pre-flop. Duh. For all we know he has an overpair or AK then. I'd still bet the turn and call a raise.

SlantNGo 09-27-2005 04:24 PM

Does anyone fold pre-flop or do the cold-callers pad this pot enough to make it a worthwhile call?

car ramrod 09-27-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone fold pre-flop or do the cold-callers pad this pot enough to make it a worthwhile call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Suited plus cold callers = call
unsuited even w/ cold callers = fold

09-27-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not time to grunch, but I was gonna say fold. You're getting 5:1 to call this against two tags. I might just fold.

toss 09-27-2005 05:01 PM

PF were getting immediate odds of 4.5:1. SB 3-bets means were often drawing to an Ace or dead. We risk UTG+2 capping. Our best shot is a flush or broadway. I like folding PF.

On the flop were drawing to 4 outs and a BD flush draw. Keep in mind were often going to be splitting 2 or 3 ways if a deuce comes off. We may even lose to a 6. Were getting 16:1 so I think calling is close since the risk of UTG+2 raising seems small. I'm definitely folding when its two back to me on the flop.

benkath1 09-27-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF were getting immediate odds of 4.5:1. SB 3-bets means were often drawing to an Ace or dead. We risk UTG+2 capping. Our best shot is a flush or broadway. I like folding PF.

On the flop were drawing to 4 outs and a BD flush draw. Keep in mind were often going to be splitting 2 or 3 ways if a deuce comes off. We may even lose to a 6. Were getting 16:1 so I think calling is close since the risk of UTG+2 raising seems small. I'm definitely folding when its two back to me on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to get this. My first thought preflop was raise or fold. When SB checked the turn, it screamed AK, so I thought a bet would be safe.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (19.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

yay, or nay?

Eeegah 09-27-2005 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping to get this. My first thought preflop was raise or fold. When SB checked the turn, it screamed AK, so I thought a bet would be safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I need to tell you that AQs is dangerous here, and continuing past the flop could prove very expensive. If we're continuing though I think it's a call, because I really want to know just how much UTG+1 likes his hand.

trainslayer 09-27-2005 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't read the rest of the responses yet, but no way in hell do I fold here. In fact I woulda capped it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]