Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   There is no War to be protested (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345355)

El Barto 09-27-2005 09:34 AM

There is no War to be protested

I find it funny that everyone is discussing anti-war protesters and such. In case you hadn't heard, the war is over. Saddam lost, the people of Iraq have a new government.

The U.S. is assisting a foreign government, nation buildiing, if you want.

Can you call terrorist attacks against the Iraqi people a war? Maybe, in the same sense as a war on drugs or a war on crime. But it is not a real "military" type war.

So, what did you think of the anti-nation helping protesters who were protesting this weekend? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CORed 09-27-2005 05:24 PM

Re: There is no War to be protested

That's right. In Vietnam, we weren't in a war, we just sent over lots of "military advisors" The first Gulf War and Korea were UN "police actions". We haven't actually been in a war since WWII. That's if you take political weasel words seriously. As far as I'm concerned, if we have military personnel somewhere shooting at people and being shot at, it's a war. But, that's just me.

Hal 2000 09-27-2005 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it funny that everyone is discussing anti-war protesters and such. In case you hadn't heard, the war is over. Saddam lost, the people of Iraq have a new government.

The U.S. is assisting a foreign government, nation buildiing, if you want.

Can you call terrorist attacks against the Iraqi people a war? Maybe, in the same sense as a war on drugs or a war on crime. But it is not a real "military" type war.

So, what did you think of the anti-nation helping protesters who were protesting this weekend? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, as Dubya has said himself, Iraq is "part of the broader war on terror". Don't be duped. Our soldiers are still included in the people who are getting killed by the insurgency.

tessarji 09-27-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not use misleading labels. Those were anti-Bush protestors.

twowords 09-27-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not use misleading labels. Those were anti-Bush protestors.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no no no no no no no no no and no. So, the situation is ok and unworthy of protest since its not a conventional war? So, there would be no protest if Gore gets us into this mess? Get a clue.