Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Laundry question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=345201)

DasLeben 09-27-2005 01:33 AM

Laundry question

Okay, I have a non-preshrunk cotton t-shirt that I have as my work uniform. I have to wash it tonight, but I want to make sure that it won't totally shrink and make me look ridiculous at work tomorrow. I've gotten away without washing my work shirts for the past couple weeks, but now I really need to do laundry. :/

Any help? Wash in cold water, dry with no heat maybe?

tdp 09-27-2005 01:52 AM

Re: Laundry question

Cold water wash and line dry if possible.The dryer is what shrinks them the most.BTW,where the heck did they get non-preshrunk t-shirts?Preshrunk is the industry standard.

Voltron87 09-27-2005 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cold water wash and line dry if possible.The dryer is what shrinks them the most.BTW,where the heck did they get non-preshrunk t-shirts?Preshrunk is the industry standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever i line dry my cotton shirts come out sort of hard and brittle. but it is likely because the laundry machines near me are [censored] terrible.

also, whats the longest you can leave sweaty clothers without washing them? whenever i travel (for athletics usually) i end up having to leave sweaty clothes packed in plastic bags, sometimes when i wash them they come out smelling stale and awful. any play?

tdp 09-27-2005 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

whenever i line dry my cotton shirts come out sort of hard and brittle. but it is likely because the laundry machines near me are [censored] terrible.[ QUOTE ]

That's from hard water.Use a fabric softener.

[ QUOTE ]
also, whats the longest you can leave sweaty clothers without washing them? whenever i travel (for athletics usually) i end up having to leave sweaty clothes packed in plastic bags, sometimes when i wash them they come out smelling stale and awful. any play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Add a quarter cup of washing soda(not baking soda)to your wash.Arm&Hammer makes it and it's cheap.
In case you're wondering,I'm a textile artist.I've done way more laundry than anyone should admit in a public forum.

Voltron87 09-27-2005 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Add a quarter cup of washing soda(not baking soda)to your wash.Arm&Hammer makes it and it's cheap.
In case you're wondering,I'm a textile artist.I've done way more laundry than anyone should admit in a public forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, thanks. nothing pisses me off like doing laundry and having it turned out messed up. i use regular plain vanilla tide, is that good stuff? i never really get my clothes dirty as in dirt dirt, just sweaty and wrinkled. i'll try the fabric softener.

ChipWrecked 09-27-2005 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i use regular plain vanilla tide, is that good stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, if you know any douchebags who sell Amway, that detergent is about the best you can buy. It's concentrated, none of the fillers they put in regular detergent, which is what causes all that dryer lint.

peachy 09-27-2005 05:04 AM

hang dry and then put it in later on "fluff"

NLSoldier 09-27-2005 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hang dry and then put it in later on "fluff"

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this in the opposite order

siccjay 09-27-2005 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]